Regardless of what your usual memory of July 4 is, this year you will enjoy a once-in-a-life-time July 4 experience. In celebration of the bicentennial of the War of 1812 and the writing of the Star Spangled Banner, majestic Tall Ships from all over the world are sailing into the harbors of many seaboard cities such as New York and Boston. To allow people to view this event from up-close, major cruise lines around the country are offering special July 4 week events with dining, harbor tours, and close-up views of the Constitution turnaround. Enjoying a delicious meal while planes hovering above your head, ships sailing within your arms’ reach, and fireworks on the sky would be the perfect way to spend the July 4 holiday.
I know that some of you would rather have hangouts with friends and loved ones, here are some ideas for you:
- Hosting/going to a BBQ/bonfire
- Going to the beach
- Going to a 1812 reenactment
- Visit a revolutionary site
- Baking some July 4 cakes/ cupcakes
- Watching fireworks over the lake (especially good for the lovey-doveys!)
- Watching a July 4 themed movie
- Attending local July 4 celebration events
- Going on a shopping spree
- Or you know what? Some cold beer with buddies could chase away the heat!