Philadelphia, PA, the largest city in Pennsylvania meets the capital of the United States, Washington, DC. The distance between Philadelphia, PA to Washington D.C. is 136 miles, and travelers have the option of taking the train or hopping on a bus. By taking a train, one saves about 16 kg of CO2 emissions versus taking a small car. By taking a bus, this number is doubled.
Ways to Travel from Philadelphia, PA to Washington DC by bus and train:
- Megabus – As low as $13.00 One-Way
- Greyhound – As low as $30.00 One-Way
- Amtrak Express – As low as $35.00 One-Way
Philadelphia, PA has plenty of historic, Northeast tradition, while it is also known as the “city of love.” Defined by beautiful Greek and Federal architecture, the skyline is easily distinguished from other cities in the United States. It is one of 12 United States cities to have teams in all four major sports, all of which are accustomed to success. There is also incredible nightlife and plenty of arts and culture worth exploring.
It is almost impossible to discuss all the things to enjoy in Washington DC As the nation’s capital, it has it all!
Things to see in Philadelphia, PA:
- Liberty Bell - sent from London to Independence Hall, then the Pennsylvania State House, in 1753. A must-see piece of America’s history.
- Longwood Gardens - unbelievable landscape with over 11,000 different types of plants.
Things to see in Washington D.C.:
- The White House - home to the president of the United States for over a century.
- Lincoln Memorial – one of the most famous landmarks for Abraham Lincoln.