[spb_text_block pb_margin_bottom=”no” pb_border_bottom=”no” width=”2/3″ el_position=”first”]
Millions of people throughout North America turn to Wanderu on a daily basis to find the best deals on bus and train travel, so we are always looking for smart and enthusiastic people to join the team and help us promote our product in various creative ways. If you like to be challenged, good at thinking outside the box (or thinking in a way that doesn’t involve a box at all) and able to remain cool under tight deadlines, then Wanderu is definitely the place for you.
We’re looking for a star in the world of content (both creation and strategy) who can lead us into building out unique editorial content with the mission of inspiring people to travel. This is a big role, both for the right individual and for us.
You love writing. You love to travel. You’re the catalyst to inspire your friends and loved ones to take trips. You thrive on forging your own path and building your own agenda. You have proven success in creating original content and applying it to drive and achieve business goals. You understand what’s important to millennials when they think about and plan travel. You live in social media and know how, where and when people use it. You’re comfortable working independently and at a fast pace. (You especially like start-ups. A lot.)
About the job
Are you a travel writer, either established or aspiring? Are you also a content marketer? GREAT! We want the unusual person who can both:
- create, establish and run a robust, multi-platform content plan;
- craft engaging, compelling and informative content that will inspire people to book their next weekend getaway!
- Craft a unique content plan for the Wanderu business, spanning both the types of content of most importance as well as the ways/channels through which we engage existing and potential audiences (blog posts, e-mail messaging/CRM, travel guides, weekend-focused getaway tips, videos, social media posts, etc.);
- Define, create and embody our editorial “voice;”
- Develop and own new channels of reaching new and existing customers;
- Create channel-specific strategies to promote this new content, including:
- E-mail marketing – re-engaging our members through timely and informative e-mail delivery;
- Social promotion – embrace unpaid social channels to attract and engage new users & devise opportunistic approach to paid examples;
- SEO – support the expansion of our existing SEO strategy by writing and creating opportunities through keyword-rich content;
- Partnerships – align Wanderu with other travel and millennial-targeted sites, publications and businesses.
- Help us follow our target – understand the best and most cost-effective ways of inspiring travelers through content;
- Create a site content hierarchy, including travel guides, event highlights, getaway tips, etc;
- Help create and refine brand messaging for use across our site and marketing channels;
- Develop and own relationships with external partners (eg, travel bloggers, online publications and businesses) for the purpose of distributing Wanderu content and branding.
- Experience working across functional teams to develop new content products;
- Ability to “speak in data” with specific experience defining and measuring success through data and key metrics;
- Experience in working with CMS systems;
- Ability and desire to create and own a strategic content marketing plan – this means we’ll want you to show us how you’d pull it off!
- Experience working with external partners, including cold-calling, preferred;
- Knowledge/experience in HTML, CSS, JS is a big plus;
- College degree in Journalism, English or related field preferred.
How to apply
Please send your resume along with any additional requirements listed to [email protected].
[sf_button colour=”accent” type=”standard” size=”standard” link=”https://www.wanderu.com/blog/wanderu-careers/” target=”_self” icon=”ss-database” dropshadow=”no” extraclass=””]Back to all job listings[/sf_button]
[/spb_text_block] [spb_text_block pb_margin_bottom=”no” pb_border_bottom=”no” width=”1/3″ el_position=”last”]
- Health Benfits including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit in the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Quarterly Internal Hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Ping Pong table
- Free bus tickets!
- Fully stocked snack kitchen
- Team outings
- Happy hour every Friday 🙂
Spread the word