Wanderu is a growing tech startup determined to create the travel brand for the next generation. Wanderu’s travel search platform is the simplest way to book bus and train trips across North America and Europe, making travel experiences more convenient and fun!
This is your opportunity to join a fast-paced environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time. We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are currently looking for a Content & SEO Coordinator to join Wanderu’s fast-growing team. You will be working alongside the Director of Communications and our Content team to continuously build and improve Wanderu’s on-page content and execute on our search engine optimization strategies. Some of the key areas of focus for this role include: content development, content promotion, media relations and email marketing. At Wanderu, we always strive to promote from within the company, so this is a position that comes with a lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth.
In addition to executing established content and SEO plans, you will be directly involved in building the overall marketing strategy that determines the direction in which the Wanderu product and brand will go. The ideal candidate will have their own creative vision for the best ways to reach Wanderu’s target audiences and will not shy away from sharing their ideas with the rest of the team. At Wanderu, we always rely on brainstorming and fresh perspectives, so if creativity is your strong suit, this is your opportunity to shine.
As a Content & SEO Coordinator, you will be in charge of the following:
- Recruiting and coordinating content development by a team of freelance writers, adhering to Wanderu’s editorial calendar and current content needs;
- Creating and publishing content to Wanderu’s blog using WordPress;
- Editing and uploading SEO-specific content for Wanderu’s main website using our CMS;
- Working with Director of Communications to set up and execute email campaigns;
- Building and executing on strategies to increase organic traffic to Wanderu’s key landing pages;
- Brainstorming topics, performing research and collecting data for studies and special PR-oriented content projects;
- Helping come up with a social media strategy as well as maintaining Wanderu’s social media channels;
- Copywriting where necessary for email and social media campaigns;
- Working with the in-house design team on the production of assets for content and email campaigns.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related field (e.g. English, marketing, business administration, etc.);
- At least 2 years of experience working in a communications- or content-related role;
- Excellent writing skills and understanding of English grammar and punctuation. Knowledge of any additional language is not a requirement but a big plus;
- Good understanding of best SEO concepts and practices. Prior SEO experience is a big plus;
- Exquisite attention to detail and outstanding critical thinking abilities.
Job type: Full time
Location: This is a fully remote position.
How to apply:
If you’ve got what it takes to take on this role, please submit your resume, cover letter and recent writing samples to [email protected].