Are you a looking to be part of a fun group of travel junkies set out to revolutionize the travel world? Wanderu is an exciting Boston-based startup determined to create the travel brand for the next generation. Wanderu’s ground travel search is the simplest way to book bus and train travel, making peoples travel experience more convenient and fun! This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are seeking a bright resourceful systems engineer who will develop the technology to automate the management of our cloud environment, including configuration, deployment, auto-scaling, redundancy, monitoring, load-testing and auto-validation. In this role, you will be a key individual that will make sure that our systems are up and performing to our growing demand. This position requires a heavy amount of automation, so you will be doing a lot of scripting/coding. You will be instrumental in how code gets deployed and how data gets to our customers efficiently.
Roles & responsibilities
- Ownership of systems for cloud management, deployment, scraping, auto-scaling, validation and redundancy.
- Collaborate with development for load testing and validation.
- Responsible for the continuous deployment of the SaaS platform, including performance testing, validation and analysis.
- First line of defense for issues in production.
- Collaborate with development teams to assist with scaling of software and forecast infrastructure growth.
- Support our monitoring/analytics systems and build new reports/graphs/visualizations.
- 3+ years experience with SaaS or web services in Systems or IT group.
- 3+ years experience with cloud computing technologies (Rackspace, AWS, or equivalent).
- 3+ years experience Linux server administration.
- 3+ years experience programming in at least three of: Python, nodejs, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, bash.
- Experience with nginx, Jenkins, Ansible, Nagios/Icinga, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Undergraduate degree in CS or a related field.
- Experience with agile software practices (version control, defect tracking, continuous deployment, deployment management, QA automation).
- Nice to have: experience with MongoDB, node.js, Python/asyncio, Linux security.
- Health package, including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit in the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Quarterly internal hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Ping pong table
- Free bus & train tickets!
- Fully stocked snack kitchen
- Team outings
- Happy hour every Friday 🙂
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, make sure you reach out to us right away. Please send us your resume, cover letter, and anything else you think we might wanna see from someone applying for this position to [email protected].