Wanderu, a 2016 Inc. Magazine Top 15 Company, is a fast-growing startup that simplifies the process of comparing and purchasing ground transportation in more than 40 countries. Wanderu instantly searches over 200 different bus and train operators, routes, and schedules, empowering millions of travelers to find the right trip for them at the best price. Be a part of an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are seeking a bright resourceful systems engineer who will develop the technology to automate the management of our cloud environment, including configuration, deployment, auto-scaling, redundancy, monitoring, load-testing and auto-validation. In this role, you will be a key individual that will make sure that our systems are up and performing to our growing demand. This position requires a heavy amount of automation, so you will be doing a lot of scripting/coding. You will be instrumental in how code gets deployed and how data gets to our customers efficiently.
What we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about public relations activities and excited to join the in-house PR team of a fast-growing travel startup with an awesome track record of media coverage.
- Your core strength is your creative thought and ability to come up with various innovative ideas to promote Wanderu’s services and raise awareness about the Wanderu brand.
- You are an excellent writer with high attention to detail who has a great portfolio of published posts and articles.
- You have solid experience working with various social media platforms, you understand the pros and cons of each, and you’re excited to work your magic on Wanderu’s social media presence.
- You understand the value and importance of proper and extensive research, and you are ready to go the extra mile to find the information that will help you reach your immediate and long-term goals.
- You possess a high level of critical thinking ability and are able to exercise sound judgment on-the-fly without slowing down the work process.
- You care deeply about the quality of the work that you put out and how it reflects upon the company’s image and overall reputation.
- You’re worked in public relations or content marketing before and are well familiar with the day-to-day activities of people in the field.
- You understand that Wanderu is a startup with a small team and you don’t mind having to take on additional tasks sometimes to help your co-workers achieve a common goal.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Ownership of systems for cloud management, deployment, scraping, auto-scaling, validation and redundancy.
- Collaborate with development for load testing and validation.
- Responsible for the continuous deployment of the SaaS platform, including performance testing, validation and analysis.
- First line of defense for issues in production.
- Collaborate with development teams to assist with scaling of software and forecast infrastructure growth.
- Support our monitoring/analytics systems and build new reports/graphs/visualizations.
- 3+ years experience with SaaS or web services in Systems or IT group.
- 3+ years experience with cloud computing technologies (Rackspace, AWS, or equivalent).
- 3+ years experience Linux server administration.
- 3+ years experience programming in at least three of: Python, nodejs, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, bash.
- Experience with nginx, Jenkins, Ansible, Nagios/Icinga, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Undergraduate degree in CS or a related field.
- Experience with agile software practices (version control, defect tracking, continuous deployment, deployment management, QA automation).
- Nice to have: Experience with MongoDB, node.js, Python/asyncio, Linux security.
If this sounds like you, make sure you reach out to us right away. Please send us your resume, cover letter, and anything else you think we might wanna see from someone applying for this position to [email protected].
- Health package, including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit in the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Quarterly internal hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Ping pong table
- Free bus & train tickets!
- Fully stocked snack kitchen
- Team outings
- Happy hour every Friday 🙂