Wanderu, a 2016 Inc Magazine Top 15 Company, is a fast-growing startup that simplifies the process of comparing and purchasing transportation in more than 50 countries. Wanderu instantly searches the routes and schedules of over 400 different bus, train and ferry operators, empowering millions of travelers to find the right trip for them at the best price. Be a part of an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
Wanderu’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for an Engineering Manager to help our teams scale. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback.
In this role, you will be key to the development and management of the Wanderu technology platform and teams. You’ll help guide the development organization in building scalable solutions that follow engineering best practices.
- You thrive in an environment that doesn’t get bogged down with red-tape and encourages creative solutions to complex problems.
- You are passionate about building great engineering teams and enjoy mentoring individual contributors to help them grow in their careers.
- You know that there is never just one path to a solution and that the key is helping your team learn how to find the solutions that move the product forward quickly without sacrificing quality.
- You like to travel and wondered how technology could have made the experience better.
- Your engineering career started on the front-end or the back-end, but you feel comfortable working with teams across the full stack.
- We are polyglots for everything – coding languages, frameworks, databases, and human languages
- We choose the best technologies for a given problem and are not afraid to try something new
- We build our UX in React, Swift and Kotlin. We use Python, Golang and node.js for our APIs, backed by MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and a myriad of AWS resources.
- We employ agile methodologies (combination of Scrum and Kanban) and deploy to production frequently
- We negotiate on “right” vs “right now” to deliver a minimally viable product to our customers as quickly as possible, analyzing the results and building on them to continuously improve.
- We are a team and support each other on all challenges
- We have fun together and celebrate each other’s accomplishments
- 5+ years of engineering experience in high-traffic Internet-based products, preferably in a microservice-based, consumer-facing environment
- 1-2 years of engineering management experience growing and supporting multiple teams
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals.
- Experienced with Cloud-based infrastructures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health package, including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit in the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Quarterly internal hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Ping pong table
- Free bus & train tickets!
- Fully stocked snack kitchen
- Team outings
- Happy hour every Friday