Are you looking to be part of a fun group of travel junkies set out to revolutionize the travel world? Wanderu is an exciting Boston-based startup determined to create the travel brand for the next generation. Wanderu’s ground travel search is the simplest way to book bus and train travel, making travel experiences more convenient and fun! This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are seeking experienced full stack engineers to join our team. In this role, you will be key to the development and management of the Wanderu technology platform. As a member of this team, you will work closely with others in an exciting environment using the latest technologies including Node, React, MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, and graph search technologies. You will start fast and ship features and fixes in your first week.
- You learned CS concepts in school like linked lists, graphs, Big “O” notation, search and sorting, but you wondered why everybody used a relational db for everything.
- You thrive in an environment that doesn’t get bogged down with red-tape and encourages creative solutions to complex problems.
- You desire to have an impact with what you do and want to see what you build help people.
- You know that there is never just one path to a solution and that the key is finding the solution that helps move the product and team forward quickly without sacrificing quality.
- You like to travel and wondered how technology could have made the experience better.
- When you run into every-day problems, you think to yourself “How can I automate this?” or “How can I make this work better?”
- When you were young, you disassembled your toys to see how they worked. Most of the time, the pieces came back together in the right order.
- Your engineering career started on the front-end or the back-end, but you feel comfortable contributing across the full stack.
- We are polyglots for everything – coding languages, frameworks, databases, and human languages
- We choose the best technologies for a given problem and are not afraid to try something new
- We implement Python, Golang and node.js for our APIs, backed by MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and a myriad of AWS resources
- We employ agile methodologies (combination of Scrum and Kanban) and deploy to production frequently
- We negotiate on “right” vs “right now” to deliver a minimally viable product to our customers as quickly as possible, analyzing the results and building on them to continuously improve.
- We are a team and support each other on all challenges
- We maintain standards of code quality and testability
- We have fun together and celebrate each other’s accomplishments
- Experience with writing scalable REST Services backed by high-performance databases
- Experience with designing and developing high-volume transactional e-commerce systems
- Experience developing in node.js, Python or equivalent languages for high traffic websites
- MongoDB / PostgreSQL / Redis experience
- Experience building scalable I18N/L10N support for data models and APIs
- Experience working with geolocation APIs and data
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, and AWS resources like SQS, Redshift and RDS
- Health benefits including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit in the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Quarterly Internal Hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Ping Pong table
- Free bus tickets!
- Fully stocked snack kitchen
- Team outings
- Happy hour every Friday
How to apply
If you think this describes you, email us your resume along with any additional requirements to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.