Are you a looking to be part of a fun group of travel junkies set out to revolutionize the ground travel world? Wanderu is an exciting Boston-based startup set out to create the travel brand for the next generation.
Wanderu’s travel search is the simplest way to book buses, trains and flights, making peoples travel experience more convenient and fun! Be a part of an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time.
Wanderu is looking for a Full-time Operations Assistant who is passionate about travel, has awesome English writing skills (a second language is always a plus), loves hands-on experiences and wants to join an awesome team!
Must be an excellent communicator with an out-of-the-box mindset!
As an Operations Assistant, you will be in charge of the following:
- Customer support – answering customer live chats, social media messages, support emails, feedback and reviews. No phone calls.
- Leading the customer support team, quality assessment, and looking for ways to improve our CS platform and Help Desk.
- Routing inbound conversations to appropriate cross-functional teams and creating JIRA tickets for cases that require technical assistance.
- Helping build and optimize consumer engagement and improving brand awareness and identifying new tools, technology, and trends that Wanderu could be utilizing.
- Assisting the manager in day-to-day office operations and events planning.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Fluent in English and any second language is a plus
- Excellent English writing skills – a writing sample will be required
- Great/excellent computer skills (online research, Google Docs/Microsoft Office)
- 2+ years of customer service (online preferable) experience.
- 2+ years of leadership experience (team lead or management preferred)
- College student/graduate or equivalent experience
- Full time (office hours)
- Weekend hours may be required (remote)
- Work from home – remote option available one day a week after 90-day assessment period
- Health package, including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit in the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Quarterly internal hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Ping pong table
- Free bus & train tickets!
- Fully stocked snack kitchen
- Team outings
- Happy hour every Friday
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and a writing sample in English telling us why you are a perfect fit for our awesome team to [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.