Wanderu is an exciting Boston-based startup dedicated to improving inter-city bus and train travel. Be a part of an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world! We are look for a passionate self-starter search expert interested in being a part of an exciting, fast growing startup in the travel industry.
At Wanderu, organic search is one of the most important elements of our business today, representing a major share of our existing traffic – and representing one of the biggest opportunities ahead. We invest heavily in a large scale, multi-national, data and technology driven approach to SEO and marketing in general supported by proprietary tech-stacks for content marketing, data warehousing and data analysis.
You will be tasked with creating and executing an SEO strategy that covers 2 continents, 24+ countries and millions of high volume keywords and growing at an ever faster rate. Some of the key areas of focus for this role will include: increasing current position and ranking of new pages through white-hat SEO tactics, content marketing, and extensive link building. The ideal candidate will have experience with SEO for high-volume e-commerce products and strong passion for staying up to date with SEO/Google/web trends and will be responsible for making sure that Wanderu is well ahead of the travel SEO curve.
What we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about search and broader digital marketing, and up-to-date on best practices and breaking trends in SEO.
- You are thrilled at the opportunity to work on and scale an SEO channel acquiring millions of users per month across 40 countries.
- You have managed or directly worked on a large scale consumer SEO channel that utilized dynamic landing pages, SEO split testing and data driven link acquisition.
- You thrive in complex, fast-paced environments that require you to unravel complicated problems and create detailed cross team planning from high-level strategy to execution specs.
- You are detail-oriented, but enjoy thinking about and tackling the “big picture” business priorities and how SEO relates to and fits in with all marketing channels.
- You make data-driven decisions based on analytics and are comfortable working with large data sets and keywords. You use data to support your decisions, and to seek out trends and identify issues and opportunities. You follow organic traffic past initial landing to down funnel conversions, trends and value to the business.
- You can show us new ways to think about and improve Wanderu’s SEO.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create analyses of existing traffic and conversion trends to identify areas of opportunity and running split and other testing methodologies.
- Spend a lot of your time sifting through our data warehouse together with the data analytics team to find opportunities and errors across millions of pages, keywords and other data points.
- Optimizing existing content and site structure to increase organic rankings and traffic.
- Develop new content to target high-volume queries that are not currently being targeted.
- Internationalize content and site structure to help global SEO growth.
- Improve internal linking structures to maximize the flow of pagerank throughout the site.
- Research individual markets and provide insights to drive product growth strategies.
- Collaborate with Community and PR teams for developing content that attracts new users, media attention and inbound links from relevant websites.
- Grow the SEO team by recruiting other team members.
What you’ve got:
- Ability to write clear and concise plans and project specifications and communicate those requirements to the development team for implementation.
- 3+ years of in-house SEO experience with an industry leading brand/website acquiring over 1 million users.
- Expertise in using Web Analytics Platforms (including Google Analytics, Omniture, RJ Metrics, etc.) to mine SEO insights.
- Fluent at querying and utilizing data in SQL/Redshift data warehouses.
- Strong on-the-job knowledge of search engine webmaster tools.
- Working knowledge of online advertising channels and marketplace, including keyword bidding, advanced targeting, RTB, etc.
- Able to identify SEO KPIs and build reports to demonstrate performance.
- Understanding of schema.org, structured data, meta-tags.
- Attention to detail: please include in your application a single sentence incorporating the phrase “my biggest SEO win.”
- SEO performance research tools, technical seo analysis tools and competitor research tools
- Experience with content management systems and data structures a plus.
- Proven experience in creating scalable link building models.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Back to all job listings
- Health package, including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit in the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Quarterly internal hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Ping pong table
- Free bus & train tickets!
- Fully stocked snack kitchen
- Team outings
- Happy hour every Friday 🙂