Compare train tickets from Salzburg to Osterholz-Scharmbeck
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 75 daily trains from Salzburg to Osterholz-Scharmbeck. Traveling by train from Salzburg to Osterholz-Scharmbeck usually takes around 10 hours and 46 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company train can make the trip in 9 hours,
|Distance||419 mi (674 km)|
|Fastest train||9h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Which train should you take from Salzburg to Osterholz-Scharmbeck?
2 train services operate from Salzburg, to Osterholz-Scharmbeck, Lower Saxony. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company usually has more trains scheduled, with 45 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||30||11h 2m||$178.16|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||45||10h 36m||$197.45|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Salzburg to Osterholz-Scharmbeck during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Salzburg to Osterholz-Scharmbeck?
The distance between Salzburg and Osterholz-Scharmbeck is approximately 419 miles, or 674 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 10 hours and 46 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 9 hours,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Salzburg to Osterholz-Scharmbeck are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Salzburg at 5:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Salzburg to Osterholz-Scharmbeck?
There are 75 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Salzburg.
Where is the train station in Salzburg?
Because some trains make multiple stops before leaving the city, there are 6 stops and stations in Salzburg where you can board the train.
Train stations in Salzburg:
Salzburg Taxham Europark
Where is the train station in Osterholz-Scharmbeck?
Osterholz-Scharmbeck has one train station.
Need a return trip from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Salzburg?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Salzburg
- Train from Salzburg to Schliengen
- Train from Salzburg to Weil der Stadt
- Salzburg to Mellrichstadt Train
- Train from Salzburg to Mittenwald
- Train from Salzburg to Neu-Ulm
- Train from Salzburg to Penzberg
- Train from Salzburg to Bremerhaven
- Salzburg to Geisenheim Train
- Train from Salzburg to Kriftel
- Train from Salzburg to Cremlingen
- Salzburg to Hilter Train
- Train from Salzburg to Oberhausen
- Train from Salzburg to Vlotho
- Train from Salzburg to Albersweiler
- Train from Salzburg to Pirmasens
- Salzburg to Pinneberg
- Salzburg to Schönebeck Train
- Salzburg to Solotvyno Train
Continue by train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Lahr Train
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Erlangen Train
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Munich
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Hamburg
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Scheeßel
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Cologne
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Detmold
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Dortmund Train
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Lienen
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Lüdenscheid Train
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Minden
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Remscheid Train
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Rendsburg Train
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Leipzig
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Lyon
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Abcoude
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Norrköping
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Bratislava
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.