Trains from Spittal an der Drau to Lichtenfels
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 10 daily trains from Spittal an der Drau to Lichtenfels. Traveling by train from Spittal an der Drau to Lichtenfels usually takes around 8 hours and 31 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 7 hours and 24 minutes.
|Distance||256 mi (413 km)|
|Fastest train||7h 24m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Which train should you take from Spittal an der Drau to Lichtenfels?
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||5||7h 49m||$97.32|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||7||8h 57m||$88.45|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Spittal an der Drau to Lichtenfels during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Spittal an der Drau to Lichtenfels?
The distance between Spittal an der Drau and Lichtenfels is approximately 256 miles, or 413 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 8 hours and 31 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 7 hours and 24 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Spittal an der Drau to Lichtenfels are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Spittal an der Drau at 5:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 7:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Spittal an der Drau to Lichtenfels?
There are 10 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Lichtenfels to Spittal an der Drau.
Where is the train station in Spittal an der Drau?
There is one train station in Spittal an der Drau.
Where is the train station in Lichtenfels?
Lichtenfels receives travelers from Spittal an der Drau at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Lichtenfels:
Need a return trip from Lichtenfels to Spittal an der Drau?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Spittal an der Drau
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Berlin
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Stuttgart
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Bamberg
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Munich
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Bremen
- Spittal an der Drau to Dautphetal Train
- Spittal an der Drau to Frankfurt am Main Train
- Spittal an der Drau to Weimar Train
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Burgdorf, Hanover
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Aachen
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Düsseldorf
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Mainz
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Wirges
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Kiel
- Spittal an der Drau to Neustadt in Holstein Train
- Spittal an der Drau to Leipzig Train
- Spittal an der Drau to Magdeburg Train
- Train from Spittal an der Drau to Gotha
Continue by train from Lichtenfels
- Lichtenfels to Vienna
- Train from Lichtenfels to Brussels
- Train from Lichtenfels to Pilsen
- Lichtenfels to Berlin
- Lichtenfels to Leutkirch im Allgäu
- Lichtenfels to Coburg
- Lichtenfels to Nuremberg Train
- Lichtenfels to Dietzenbach
- Train from Lichtenfels to Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Lichtenfels to Hamburg
- Lichtenfels to Aachen Train
- Train from Lichtenfels to Düsseldorf
- Lichtenfels to Ratingen Train
- Lichtenfels to Halstenbek Train
- Lichtenfels to Leipzig Train
- Train from Lichtenfels to Copenhagen
- Train from Lichtenfels to Paris
- Train from Lichtenfels to Amsterdam
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.