Compare train tickets from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 3 daily trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main. Traveling by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main usually takes around 2 hours and 36 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 12 minutes.
|Distance||104 mi (167 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 12m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Train service from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main
- DB Intercity tickets: C$52 one-way
- DB Intercity-Express tickets: C$122 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: C$73 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: C$73 one-way
Which train should you take from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main?
There are 4 train lines with service from Schwäbisch Gmünd, Baden-Württemberg to Frankfurt am Main, Hesse. Deutsche Bahn is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 3 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity||1||2h 25m||$74.36|
|DB Intercity-Express||1||2h 51m||$122.51|
|Deutsche Bahn||3||2h 22m||$111.74|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||2||3h 3m||$104.42|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Schwäbisch Gmünd at 4:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main?
There are 3 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Frankfurt am Main to Schwäbisch Gmünd. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main for $44.36.
Where is the train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd?
There is one train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Frankfurt am Main?
Frankfurt am Main has one train station.
Need a return trip from Frankfurt am Main to Schwäbisch Gmünd?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Salzburg
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Evere
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Saint-Gilles Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Liège
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Eislingen
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Mannheim
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Stuttgart Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Bamberg
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Reckendorf
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Giessen
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Marburg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Brunswick Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Paderborn
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Erfurt
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Strasbourg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Budapest Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Venice
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Duivendrecht Train
Continue by train from Frankfurt am Main
- Frankfurt am Main to Tournai Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Birr
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Berlin
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Ehrenkirchen
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Öhringen
- Frankfurt am Main to Stutensee Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Dorfprozelten Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Schönwald
- Frankfurt am Main to Babenhausen
- Frankfurt am Main to Ediger-Eller Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Kruft
- Frankfurt am Main to Weißenborn Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Wernigerode
- Frankfurt am Main to Ellrich Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Paris
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Leeuwarden
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Kerkrade
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Koper
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.