Compare train tickets from Regensburg to Volkmarsen
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 32 daily trains from Regensburg to Volkmarsen. Traveling by train from Regensburg to Volkmarsen usually takes around 6 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 4 hours and 43 minutes.
|Distance||212 mi (341 km)|
|Fastest train||5h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Train service from Regensburg to Volkmarsen
- DB Intercity-Express tickets: C$127 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: C$101 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: C$84 one-way
Which train should you take from Regensburg to Volkmarsen?
There are 3 train lines with service from Regensburg, Bavaria to Volkmarsen, Hesse. Deutsche Bahn is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 24 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity-Express||2||6h 4m||$126.58|
|Deutsche Bahn||24||5h 38m||$122.84|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||6||8h 13m||$102.17|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Regensburg to Volkmarsen during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Regensburg to Volkmarsen?
The distance between Regensburg and Volkmarsen is approximately 212 miles, or 341 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 6 hours, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 4 hours and 43 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Regensburg to Volkmarsen are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Regensburg at 3:00pm while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Regensburg to Volkmarsen?
There are 32 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Volkmarsen to Regensburg.
Where is the train station in Regensburg?
Regensburg has 3 stations where passengers can board the train to Volkmarsen.
Train stations in Regensburg:
Where is the train station in Volkmarsen?
Volkmarsen receives travelers from Regensburg at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Volkmarsen:
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Regensburg
- Regensburg to Schwechat Train
- Regensburg to Haßmersheim
- Train from Regensburg to Lauffen am Neckar
- Train from Regensburg to Cham
- Regensburg to Landshut Train
- Train from Regensburg to Maxhütte-Haidhof
- Regensburg to Mühldorf
- Regensburg to Vilshofen an der Donau
- Regensburg to Bovenden Train
- Regensburg to Osnabrück
- Train from Regensburg to Recklinghausen
- Regensburg to Rheda-Wiedenbrück Train
- Train from Regensburg to Viborg
- Train from Regensburg to Venice
- Regensburg to Haarlem Train
- Regensburg to Capelle aan den IJssel
- Train from Regensburg to Wrocław
- Train from Regensburg to Bled
Continue by train from Volkmarsen
- Train from Groß-Rohrheim to Herzebrock-Clarholz
- Train from Groß-Rohrheim to Rheda-Wiedenbrück
- Train from Groß-Rohrheim to Paris
- Groß-Rohrheim to Slavonski Brod Train
- Train from Groß-Rohrheim to Budaörs
- Groß-Rohrheim to Venice Train
- Train from Langen to Berlin
- Train from Langen to Augsburg
- Langen to Wittenberg
- Train from Langgöns to Düsseldorf
- Train from Langgöns to Paris
- Train from Löhnberg to Sulzbach
- Train from Melsungen to Berlin
- Train from Niederdorfelden to Rieseby
- Rimbach to Herrenberg
- Train from Twistetal to Hamburg
- Train from Wartenberg to Nordstemmen
- Wartenberg to 's-Hertogenbosch
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.