Compare train tickets from Frankfurt am Main to Bussum
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 164 daily trains from Frankfurt am Main to Bussum. Traveling by train from Frankfurt am Main to Bussum usually takes around 6 hours and 20 minutes, but the fastest DB Intercity-Express train can make the trip in 3 hours and 55 minutes.
|Distance||213 mi (343 km)|
|Fastest train||3h 55m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Train service from Frankfurt am Main to Bussum
- DB Intercity-Express tickets: C$68 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: C$44 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: C$56 one-way
Which train should you take from Frankfurt am Main to Bussum?
There are 3 train lines with service from Frankfurt am Main, Hesse to Bussum, North Holland. Deutsche Bahn is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 117 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity-Express||13||5h 2m||$94.61|
|Deutsche Bahn||117||6h 24m||$79.60|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||41||6h 53m||$84.58|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Frankfurt am Main to Bussum during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Frankfurt am Main to Bussum?
The distance between Frankfurt am Main and Bussum is approximately 213 miles, or 343 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 6 hours and 20 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 3 hours and 55 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Frankfurt am Main to Bussum are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Frankfurt am Main at 3:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Frankfurt am Main to Bussum?
There are 164 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Bussum to Frankfurt am Main.
Where is the train station in Frankfurt am Main?
Because some trains make multiple stops before leaving the city, there are 9 stops and stations in Frankfurt am Main where you can board the train.
Train stations in Frankfurt am Main:
Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf
Central Train Station
Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Regionalbf
Where is the train station in Bussum?
Bussum receives travelers from Frankfurt am Main at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Bussum:
Need a return trip from Bussum to Frankfurt am Main?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Karlovy Vary
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Ústí nad Orlicí
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Überlingen
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Weingarten
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Nonnenhorn
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Elz
- Frankfurt am Main to Bad Sachsa Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Schwarmstedt
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Wilhelmshaven
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Gladbeck
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Siegen
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Xanten
- Frankfurt am Main to Landau Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Magdeburg
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Wittenberg
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Herning
- Frankfurt am Main to Vrå Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Como
Continue by train from Bussum
- Train from Bussum to Heidenheim
- Train from Bussum to Karlsruhe
- Train from Bussum to Ulm
- Train from Bussum to Bad Neustadt an der Saale
- Train from Bussum to Munich
- Bussum to Prosselsheim
- Bussum to Winterhausen Train
- Train from Bussum to Hamburg
- Bussum to Bornheim Train
- Bussum to Dortmund Train
- Train from Bussum to Leverkusen
- Bussum to Winterberg Train
- Train from Bussum to Ebertsheim
- Bussum to Wörth am Rhein Train
- Train from Bussum to Plauen
- Train from Bussum to Biendorf
- Train from Bussum to Neudietendorf
- Bussum to Walschleben Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.