Compare train tickets from Lauterecken to Ludwigshafen am Rhein
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 3 daily trains from Lauterecken to Ludwigshafen am Rhein. Traveling by train from Lauterecken to Ludwigshafen am Rhein usually takes around 2 hours and 18 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 8 minutes.
|Distance||40 mi (65 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 8m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Lauterecken to Ludwigshafen am Rhein?
2 train services operate from Lauterecken, Rhineland-Palatinate to Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Rhineland-Palatinate. Deutsche Bahn usually has more trains scheduled, with 3 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||3||2h 18m||$31.43|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||1||2h 21m||$35.11|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Lauterecken to Ludwigshafen am Rhein during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Lauterecken to Ludwigshafen am Rhein?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Lauterecken to Ludwigshafen am Rhein are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Lauterecken at 4:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 6:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Lauterecken to Ludwigshafen am Rhein?
There are 3 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Lauterecken.
Where is the train station in Lauterecken?
There is one train station in Lauterecken.
Where is the train station in Ludwigshafen am Rhein?
There are more train stations and stops in Ludwigshafen am Rhein than most cities. Most trains from Lauterecken will stop at one (or more) of the 3 following stations in Ludwigshafen am Rhein:
Train stations in Ludwigshafen am Rhein:
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Lauterecken
- Train from Münster-Sarmsheim to Lemgo
- Train from Obrigheim to Hückelhoven
- Train from Rheinbrohl to Julbach
- Train from Rieschweiler-Mühlbach to Eindhoven
- Train from Rockenhausen to Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Steinefrenz to Wetzlar
- Treis-Karden to Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Usch to Freihung
- Wellen to Amsterdam Train
Continue by train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- Train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Brussels
- Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Grand-Saconnex
- Train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Prague
- Train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Berlin
- Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Weingarten (Baden) Train
- Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Etzenricht
- Train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Regensburg
- Train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Binz
- Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Coesfeld Train
- Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Rees
- Train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Bad Kreuznach
- Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Flensburg Train
- Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Plauen
- Train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Breda
- Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Amsterdam Train
- Train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Halfweg
- Train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Enschede
- Train from Ludwigshafen am Rhein to Maribor
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.