Compare train tickets from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There is one daily train from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park. Traveling by train from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park usually takes around 29 hours, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||157 mi (253 km)|
|Fastest train||29h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak|
Which train should you take from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects San Francisco, California to Yosemite National Park, California. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||1||1d 5h 20m||$63.32|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey. On average, there are 1 Amtrak trains from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park every day, as well as 0 trips on the weekends, with prices starting from $63.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park?
The distance between San Francisco and Yosemite National Park is approximately 157 miles, or 253 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 29 hours,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves San Francisco at 5:00am and arrives in Yosemite National Park around 29 hours later.
Is there a direct train from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. However, it is not a direct train. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you transfer trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Yosemite National Park to San Francisco.
Where is the train station in San Francisco?
There is one train station in San Francisco.
Where is the train station in Yosemite National Park?
Yosemite National Park has one train station.
Plan your next adventure
More trains from San Francisco
- Train from San Francisco to Vancouver
- San Francisco to Fresno Train
- San Francisco to Los Angeles Train
- San Francisco to Monterey Train
- Train from San Francisco to Napa
- San Francisco to Sacramento Train
- Train from San Francisco to San Diego
- Train from San Francisco to San Luis Obispo
- San Francisco to Santa Barbara Train
- Train from San Francisco to Santa Cruz
- San Francisco to South Lake Tahoe
- Train from San Francisco to Truckee
- San Francisco to Chicago
- San Francisco to Las Vegas Train
- San Francisco to Reno Train
- Train from San Francisco to New York
- San Francisco to Portland
- San Francisco to Seattle Train
Continue by train from Yosemite National Park
- Yosemite National Park to Flagstaff Train
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Bakersfield
- Yosemite National Park to Barstow Train
- Yosemite National Park to Los Angeles
- Yosemite National Park to Madera Train
- Yosemite National Park to Modesto Train
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Ontario
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Oxnard
- Yosemite National Park to Palm Springs
- Yosemite National Park to Riverside
- Yosemite National Park to Sacramento Train
- Train from Yosemite National Park to San Pedro
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Santa Barbara
- Yosemite National Park to Stockton
- Yosemite National Park to Ventura Train
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Chicago
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Hutchinson
- Yosemite National Park to Kansas City Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.