Compare train tickets from Dodge City to Flagstaff
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There is one daily train from Dodge City to Flagstaff. Traveling by train from Dodge City to Flagstaff usually takes around 17 hours and 13 minutes, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||670 mi (1078 km)|
|Fastest train||17h 13m|
|Trains per day||1|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak Southwest Chief|
Which train should you take from Dodge City to Flagstaff?
Amtrak Southwest Chief is the one and only train line which connects Dodge City, Kansas to Flagstaff, Arizona. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Southwest Chief||1||17h 13m||$188.65|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Dodge City to Flagstaff during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Dodge City to Flagstaff?
The distance between Dodge City and Flagstaff is approximately 670 miles, or 1078 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 17 hours and 13 minutes,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Dodge City to Flagstaff are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Thursday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Dodge City at 5:00am and arrives in Flagstaff around 17 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Dodge City to Flagstaff?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. Luckily, this train will get you to Flagstaff with direct service. While there might still be stops along the way, you will not need to switch trains.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Flagstaff to Dodge City.
Where is the train station in Dodge City?
There is one train station in Dodge City.
Where is the train station in Flagstaff?
Flagstaff has one train station.
Need a return trip from Flagstaff to Dodge City?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Dodge City
- Dodge City to Los Angeles Train
- Train from Dodge City to Riverside
- Dodge City to San Bernardino Train
- Dodge City to Atlanta
- Train from Dodge City to Chicago
- Dodge City to Galesburg Train
- Train from Dodge City to Wichita
- Train from Dodge City to Boston
- Train from Dodge City to Detroit
- Train from Dodge City to Grand Rapids
- Dodge City to Independence Train
- Train from Dodge City to Kansas City
- Train from Dodge City to Charlotte
- Train from Dodge City to Lincoln
- Train from Dodge City to Albuquerque
- Dodge City to Raton Train
- Dodge City to Fort Worth Train
- Train from Dodge City to Galveston
Continue by train from Flagstaff
- Train from Flagstaff to Grand Canyon Village
- Train from Flagstaff to Williams
- Flagstaff to Los Angeles Train
- Train from Flagstaff to Needles
- Train from Flagstaff to San Bernardino
- Flagstaff to San Diego Train
- Train from Flagstaff to Victorville
- Train from Flagstaff to Colorado Springs
- Flagstaff to Denver Train
- Flagstaff to Chicago Train
- Train from Flagstaff to St Louis
- Train from Flagstaff to Whitefish
- Train from Flagstaff to Albuquerque
- Flagstaff to Gallup
- Train from Flagstaff to Las Vegas
- Train from Flagstaff to Oklahoma City
- Train from Flagstaff to Portland
- Train from Flagstaff to Nashville
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.