Compare train tickets from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 111 daily trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen. Traveling by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen usually takes around 4 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 37 minutes.
|Distance||80 mi (129 km)|
|Fastest train||3h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen?
Deutsche Bahn is the one and only train line which connects Schwäbisch Gmünd, Baden-Württemberg to Villingen-Schwenningen, Baden-Württemberg. However, there are 111 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||111||3h 45m||£17.90|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Schwäbisch Gmünd at 07:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 22:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen?
There are 111 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Villingen-Schwenningen to Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd?
There is one train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Villingen-Schwenningen?
There are more train stations and stops in Villingen-Schwenningen than most cities. Most trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd will stop at one (or more) of the 6 following stations in Villingen-Schwenningen:
Train stations in Villingen-Schwenningen:
Marbach Ost (Villingen-Schwenningen)
Need a return trip from Villingen-Schwenningen to Schwäbisch Gmünd?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Raaba Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Salzburg
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Vienna
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Antwerp
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Liège
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Heidelberg Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Kehl Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Remshalden
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Coburg Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Neufahrn bei Freising
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Celle
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Mudersbach
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Dresden
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Luxembourg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Diemen Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Warsaw Train
Continue by train from Villingen-Schwenningen
- Train from Villingen-Schwenningen to Ammerbuch
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Mössingen Train
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Oberndorf Train
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Ravensburg Train
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Sulzfeld Train
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Nuremberg
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Bremen Train
- Train from Villingen-Schwenningen to Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Villingen-Schwenningen to Bad Oeynhausen
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Dortmund Train
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Moers
- Train from Villingen-Schwenningen to Trier
- Train from Villingen-Schwenningen to Zwickau
- Train from Villingen-Schwenningen to Erfurt
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Venlo Train
- Train from Villingen-Schwenningen to Utrecht
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Rotterdam
- Villingen-Schwenningen to Ljubljana
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.