Compare train tickets from Schwetzingen to Amsterdam
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 20 daily trains from Schwetzingen to Amsterdam. Traveling by train from Schwetzingen to Amsterdam usually takes around 8 hours and 18 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 4 hours and 49 minutes.
|Distance||261 mi (420 km)|
|Fastest train||4h 49m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Schwetzingen to Amsterdam?
2 train services operate from Schwetzingen, Baden-Württemberg to Amsterdam, North Holland. Deutsche Bahn usually has more trains scheduled, with 19 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||19||8h 14m||£63.51|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||2||9h 27m||£53.46|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Schwetzingen to Amsterdam during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
Can you take a train all the way from Schwetzingen to Amsterdam?
How long is the train journey from Schwetzingen to Amsterdam?
The distance between Schwetzingen and Amsterdam is approximately 261 miles, or 420 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 8 hours and 18 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 4 hours and 49 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Schwetzingen to Amsterdam are the most crowded on Thursday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Monday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Schwetzingen at 00:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 22:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Schwetzingen to Amsterdam?
There are 20 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Amsterdam to Schwetzingen.
Where is the train station in Schwetzingen?
There is one train station in Schwetzingen.
Where is the train station in Amsterdam?
Amsterdam has one train station.
Need a return trip from Amsterdam to Schwetzingen?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Schwetzingen
- Train from Schwetzingen to Innsbruck
- Train from Schwetzingen to Brussels
- Train from Schwetzingen to Oud-Heverlee
- Train from Schwetzingen to Bad Kissingen
- Train from Schwetzingen to Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Train from Schwetzingen to Bremen
- Schwetzingen to Bremerhaven Train
- Schwetzingen to Kassel
- Train from Schwetzingen to Ludwigsau
- Schwetzingen to Hamburg Train
- Schwetzingen to Kaarst Train
- Train from Schwetzingen to Neustadt in Holstein
- Schwetzingen to Ottendorf-Okrilla Train
- Train from Schwetzingen to Bolzano
- Train from Schwetzingen to Zutphen
- Train from Schwetzingen to Rotterdam
- Schwetzingen to Bratislava Train
- Train from Schwetzingen to Žilina
Continue by train from Amsterdam
- Train from Amsterdam to Příbor
- Train from Amsterdam to Nauen
- Train from Amsterdam to Ammerbuch
- Train from Amsterdam to Blaufelden
- Train from Amsterdam to Esslingen am Neckar
- Train from Amsterdam to Kenzingen
- Amsterdam to Sachsenheim Train
- Train from Amsterdam to Schemmerhofen
- Train from Amsterdam to Aschaffenburg
- Amsterdam to Breitenbrunn Train
- Train from Amsterdam to Seubersdorf
- Train from Amsterdam to Vaterstetten
- Train from Amsterdam to Großenlüder
- Amsterdam to Rotenburg an der Fulda Train
- Amsterdam to Erndtebrück Train
- Amsterdam to Herne Train
- Amsterdam to Kirchlengern Train
- Train from Amsterdam to Ratingen
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.