Compare train tickets from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Dortmund
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 29 daily trains from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Dortmund. Traveling by train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Dortmund usually takes around 3 hours and 2 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 23 minutes.
|Distance||131 mi (211 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 23m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Train service from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Dortmund
- DB Eurocity tickets: £20 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: £20 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: £20 one-way
Which train should you take from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Dortmund?
There are 3 train lines with service from Osterholz-Scharmbeck, Lower Saxony to Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia. Deutsche Bahn is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 22 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Eurocity||2||3h 30m||£23.65|
|Deutsche Bahn||22||2h 59m||£32.64|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||5||3h 6m||£31.11|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Dortmund during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Dortmund?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Dortmund are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Osterholz-Scharmbeck at 04:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 23:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Dortmund?
There are 29 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Dortmund to Osterholz-Scharmbeck.
Where is the train station in Osterholz-Scharmbeck?
There is one train station in Osterholz-Scharmbeck.
Where is the train station in Dortmund?
Dortmund has one train station.
Need a return trip from Dortmund to Osterholz-Scharmbeck?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Osterholz-Scharmbeck
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Brussels
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Lindau Train
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Lahr Train
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Malterdingen
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Kempten
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Munich
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Nuremberg
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Oy-Mittelberg
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Regensburg
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Hanover
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Osnabrück
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Schortens
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Seevetal
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Cologne
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Jüchen
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Mulhouse Train
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Borne Train
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Stockholm
Continue by train from Dortmund
- Train from Dortmund to Bad Salzuflen
- Train from Dortmund to Siegen
- Train from Dortmund to Telgte
- Train from Dortmund to Grünstadt
- Dortmund to Quierschied Train
- Dortmund to Sankt Wendel Train
- Train from Dortmund to Neustadt in Sachsen
- Train from Dortmund to Marseille
- Train from Dortmund to Abcoude
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.