Compare train tickets from Dortmund to Rüsselsheim am Main
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Dortmund-Rüsselsheim am Main Train Timetable
There are 80 daily trains from Dortmund to Rüsselsheim am Main. Traveling by train from Dortmund to Rüsselsheim am Main usually takes around 3 hours and 9 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 31 minutes.
|Distance||113 mi (182 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 31m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Dortmund to Rüsselsheim am Main?
Deutsche Bahn is the one and only train line which connects Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia to Rüsselsheim am Main, Hesse. However, there are 80 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||80||3h 9m||£34.35|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Dortmund to Rüsselsheim am Main during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Dortmund to Rüsselsheim am Main?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Dortmund to Rüsselsheim am Main are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Dortmund at 01:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 23:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Dortmund to Rüsselsheim am Main?
There are 80 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Rüsselsheim am Main to Dortmund.
Where is the train station in Dortmund?
There is one train station in Dortmund.
Where is the train station in Rüsselsheim am Main?
Rüsselsheim am Main has one train station.
Need a return trip from Rüsselsheim am Main to Dortmund?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Dortmund
- Dortmund to Rödental Train
- Train from Dortmund to Nauheim
- Train from Dortmund to Selters
- Train from Dortmund to Bad Bevensen
- Dortmund to Osterholz-Scharmbeck Train
- Dortmund to Marl Train
- Dortmund to Porta Westfalica Train
- Dortmund to Rheda-Wiedenbrück Train
- Train from Dortmund to Böhl-Iggelheim
Continue by train from Rüsselsheim am Main
- Train from Rüsselsheim am Main to Zurich
- Train from Rüsselsheim am Main to Kehl
- Train from Rüsselsheim am Main to Stuttgart
- Rüsselsheim am Main to Weingarten
- Rüsselsheim am Main to Aschaffenburg Train
- Train from Rüsselsheim am Main to Regensburg
- Rüsselsheim am Main to Willingen Train
- Rüsselsheim am Main to Hamburg Train
- Train from Rüsselsheim am Main to Hildesheim
- Rüsselsheim am Main to Herzebrock-Clarholz Train
- Rüsselsheim am Main to Remscheid Train
- Train from Rüsselsheim am Main to Kiel
- Train from Rüsselsheim am Main to Meldorf
- Train from Rüsselsheim am Main to Leipzig
- Train from Rüsselsheim am Main to Paris
- Rüsselsheim am Main to Venice
- Rüsselsheim am Main to Maastricht
- Rüsselsheim am Main to Eindhoven
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.