Compare train tickets from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 34 daily trains from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main. Traveling by train from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main usually takes around 3 hours and 10 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company train can make the trip in 2 hours and 10 minutes.
|Distance||99 mi (159 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 10m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Train service from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main
- DB Intercity tickets: £15 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: £23 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: £15 one-way
Which train should you take from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main?
There are 3 train lines with service from Remscheid, North Rhine-Westphalia to Frankfurt am Main, Hesse. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 30 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity||2||3h 53m||£26.53|
|Deutsche Bahn||5||3h 8m||£33.55|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||30||3h 10m||£36.17|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
Can you take a train all the way from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main?
How long is the train journey from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main are the most crowded on Friday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Sunday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Remscheid at 00:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 22:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main?
There are 34 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Frankfurt am Main to Remscheid. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Remscheid to Frankfurt am Main for £10.77.
Where is the train station in Remscheid?
There are two stations in Remscheid where you can board the train to Frankfurt am Main.
Train stations in Remscheid:
Where is the train station in Frankfurt am Main?
Frankfurt am Main receives travelers from Remscheid at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Frankfurt am Main:
Central Train Station
Need a return trip from Frankfurt am Main to Remscheid?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Remscheid
- Remscheid to Dornbirn Train
- Remscheid to Innsbruck Train
- Remscheid to Interlaken Train
- Remscheid to Friedrichshafen Train
- Train from Remscheid to Mühlacker
- Train from Remscheid to Wurzburg
- Train from Remscheid to Bad Doberan
- Train from Remscheid to Bad Zwischenahn
- Train from Remscheid to Schüttorf
Continue by train from Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Dornbirn
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Spittal an der Drau
- Frankfurt am Main to Antwerp Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Neuchâtel
- Frankfurt am Main to Biberach an der Riss
- Frankfurt am Main to Ansbach
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Karlstadt am Main
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Kempten
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Wismar
- Frankfurt am Main to Hodenhagen Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Burbach
- Frankfurt am Main to Kaarst
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Legden
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Alsheim
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Bodenheim
- Frankfurt am Main to Remagen Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Greiz Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.