Compare train tickets from San Clemente to Solana Beach
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
San Clemente-Solana Beach Train Timetable
There is one daily train from San Clemente to Solana Beach. Traveling by train from San Clemente to Solana Beach usually takes around 45 minutes, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||36 mi (58 km)|
|Fastest train||0h 45m|
|Trains per day||1|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak Pacific Surfliner|
Price trends for trains from San Clemente to Solana Beach
Monthly average prices
Prices as travel date approaches
Which train should you take from San Clemente to Solana Beach?
Amtrak Pacific Surfliner is the one and only train line which connects San Clemente, California to Solana Beach, California. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Pacific Surfliner||1||0h 45m||£12.36|
Amtrak Pacific Surfliner
The Pacific Surfliner is Amtrak’s passenger train service that runs along the Pacific coast of Southern California, connecting San Luis Obispo to the north with San Diego to the south. The line is among the most famous Amtrak routes due to the unique scenic views it presents, as the train parallels the coastline for large portions of the 268-mile railroad stretch. The Pacific Surfliner offers first-class amenities like onboard restrooms, free WiFi, seats with extra legroom and power outlets, as well as storage racks for surfboards. On average, the service offers 1 train trips from San Clemente to Solana Beach every day, and prices for a one-way train ticket start from £12.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from San Clemente to Solana Beach during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from San Clemente to Solana Beach?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from San Clemente to Solana Beach are the most crowded on Friday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves San Clemente at 11:00 and arrives in Solana Beach within the hour.
Is there a direct train from San Clemente to Solana Beach?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. Luckily, this train will get you to Solana Beach with direct service. While there might still be stops along the way, you will not need to switch trains.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Solana Beach to San Clemente.
Where is the train station in San Clemente?
There is one train station in San Clemente.
Where is the train station in Solana Beach?
Solana Beach has one train station.
Need a return trip from Solana Beach to San Clemente?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from San Clemente
- San Clemente to Phoenix Train
- Train from San Clemente to Anaheim
- Train from San Clemente to Bakersfield
- Train from San Clemente to Fresno
- San Clemente to Fullerton Train
- Train from San Clemente to Irvine
- San Clemente to Long Beach Train
- San Clemente to Los Angeles Train
- San Clemente to Oceanside Train
- Train from San Clemente to Palm Springs
- San Clemente to Riverside
- Train from San Clemente to Sacramento
- Train from San Clemente to San Diego
- Train from San Clemente to San Francisco
- San Clemente to San Juan Capistrano Train
- Train from San Clemente to San Luis Obispo
- San Clemente to Santa Ana Train
- Train from San Clemente to Santa Barbara
Continue by train from Solana Beach
- Train from Solana Beach to Anaheim
- Train from Solana Beach to Burbank
- Train from Solana Beach to Chatsworth
- Solana Beach to Fullerton Train
- Train from Solana Beach to Glendale
- Solana Beach to Irvine Train
- Train from Solana Beach to Long Beach
- Train from Solana Beach to Los Angeles
- Train from Solana Beach to Moorpark
- Train from Solana Beach to Oceanside
- Solana Beach to San Clemente Train
- Solana Beach to San Diego
- Solana Beach to San Francisco Train
- Solana Beach to San Juan Capistrano Train
- Train from Solana Beach to San Luis Obispo
- Train from Solana Beach to Santa Ana
- Train from Solana Beach to Santa Barbara
- Solana Beach to Simi Valley
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.