Search train tickets to Vienna
How to get to Vienna by train
|Trips per day||8,820|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Blessed with extravagant baroque structures and a romantic vibe, Vienna is the heart of Austria, and the country’s most famous destination. The pride of Vienna is the towering giant that is St. Stephen’s Cathedral, which has stood on the same spot for over eight centuries. The characteristically Gothic cathedral has withstood several wars that have befallen the city, and it is still able to keep its stunning beauty. After exploring the cathedral, don’t hesitate to take the chance to visit the catacombs, where victims of the Great Plague of Vienna were laid to rest. If you’re interested in art and history, check out the Museum of Fine Arts, which includes masterpieces by artists such as Titian, Velasquez, Van Dyke, and Rubens. For those who simply enjoy lounging around, the Schönbrunn Palace is a vast complex with plenty of green zones for picnics.
For those looking to try authentic Viennese goulash, Lugeck and Ofenloch are two famous establishments. For cheaper eats, try Motto in Weiden.
Vienna Hauptbahnhof is the main railway station in the city, offering access to other popular destinations such as Berlin and Munich. Vienna International Busterminal is the main bus station in the Austrian capital, serving carriers such as FlixBus. The city’s main airport is the Vienna International Airport, which is located just 11 miles southeast of the city.
Wien Hauptbahnhof is the central station in Vienna, located in the Favoriten district. The station is a relatively new addition to the city and is thus completely modern. The station features 12 platforms and 20 tracks for use by RailJet and Deutsche Bahn trains, among others. Local connections include bus lines and Vienna's subway, the U-Bahn. The station's main hall contains shops, food stalls, restrooms, and free WiFi in some areas.
Popular train stations in Vienna:
West Train Station
What train companies travel to Vienna, Austria?
Located in Austria, Vienna is accessible by train from 726 other cities. You can choose from 8820 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Vienna on Wanderu. WESTbahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Train companies serving Vienna
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||683||8h 28m||€101.11|
|Deutsche Bahn||646||7h 3m||€100.65|
|DB Intercity-Express||210||6h 51m||€95.78|
|Non-federally owned railway company||41||5h 54m||€72.98|
|DB Eurocity||24||4h 49m||€59.85|
|DB Intercity||21||7h 20m||€71.89|
|Bayerische Regiobahn||10||5h 46m||€94.88|
|National Express||3||8h 16m||€58.97|
Railjet is a high-speed intercity train company with trains capable of reaching speeds of 230 kilometers per hour. While these speedy trains will make any trip quick, passengers can still enjoy extra legroom on seats to air conditioning, complimentary WiFi, power outlets, restrooms, and a cafe with snacks and drinks available for purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Vienna?
Where is the train station in Vienna, Austria?
The busiest train station in Vienna is West Train Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Vienna are:
- West Train Station
- Wien Hbf
What is the closest airport to Vienna?
Is Vienna a popular train travel destination?
How much do train tickets to Vienna cost?
What type of traveler does Vienna attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Vienna?
Top train routes to and from Vienna
- train from Munich to Vienna
- train from Vienna to Leipzig
- train from Vienna to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Vienna to Vöcklabruck
- train from Vienna to Dresden
- train from Paris to Vienna
- train from Vienna to Linz
- train from Vienna to Schwechat
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Vienna
- train from Wels to Vienna
- train from Vienna to Munich
- train from Vienna to Paris
- train from Attnang-Puchheim to Vienna
- train from Vienna to Warsaw
- train from Vienna to Salzburg
- train from Schwechat to Vienna
- train from Neuburg to Vienna
- train from Linz to Vienna
- train from Vienna to Prague
- train from Cologne to Vienna
- train from Sankt Pölten to Vienna
- train from Düsseldorf to Vienna
- train from Vöcklabruck to Vienna
- train from Vienna to Nuremberg
- train from Vienna to Berlin
- train from Passau to Vienna
- train from Salzburg to Vienna
- train from Vienna to Hamburg
- train from Vienna to Wels
- train from Warsaw to Vienna
- train from Prague to Vienna
- train from Vienna to Attnang-Puchheim
- train from Vienna to Amstetten
- train from Berlin to Vienna
- train from Zurich to Vienna
- train from Vienna to Cologne
- train from Amstetten to Vienna
- train from Ruhstorf an der Rott to Vienna
- train from Vienna to Sankt Pölten
- train from Vienna to Stuttgart
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.