Search train tickets to Duisburg
How to get to Duisburg by train
|Trips per day||5,829|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Duisburg is located at the junction of the Rhine and Ruhr rivers in western Germany. Duisburg's harbor is the largest inland port in the world, with 21 docks in total. The Innenhafen, or Inner Harbor, used to be the center of the city's industry but today is a center for dining and nightlife. Make a point to stroll along the marina to check out the many kinds of boats, relax in one of the green spaces, and of course, stop in one of the many restaurants for a delicious dinner.
In the Meiderich district, make sure to check out the Landschaftspark Duisburg Nord. This industrial steelworks complex had gone disused since 1985 before its reinvention into a public park. The unique complex includes trails along what used to be sewer systems, a viewing tower made from the blast furnace, and even a scuba diving center in what originally was a gasometer. Kaiserberg, on the other hand, is a more traditional park that is home to both a zoo and a botanical garden.
Hundreds of bus and train routes to Duisburg make the city extremely accessible. Train companies, including Deutsche Bahn and FlixTrain, provide rail travel, and FlixBus provides the bulk of Duisburg's bus service. This means Berlin, Hamburg, Paris, and more cities across Europe are within just a short bus or train ride from Duisburg.
What train companies travel to Duisburg, Germany?
Located in Germany, Duisburg is accessible by train from 181 other cities. You can choose from 5829 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Duisburg on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Duisburg are also available..
Train companies serving Duisburg
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||171||4h 40m||€66.30|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||163||4h 33m||€50.13|
|DB Intercity-Express||64||4h 5m||€71.05|
|DB Intercity||34||2h 41m||€35.17|
|Non-federally owned railway company||10||2h 4m||€29.01|
|National Express||8||1h 10m||€21.31|
|DB Eurocity||5||3h 31m||€29.74|
Part of the FlixBus family, FlixTrain launched in 2018 to offer affordable and sustainable train travel in Germany. Its trains provide Wi-Fi, power outlets, air conditioning, onboard restrooms, and access to an entertainment portal full of movies, games, and music. In addition, each passenger gets a guaranteed seat, so you don't have to worry about standing in any aisles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Duisburg?
€2.93 is the cheapest price for a train ticket to Duisburg, according to recent searches on Wanderu. You can use our search to check if this price is currently available on buses from your city to Duisburg. In the last month, trains from Düsseldorf to Duisburg had the lowest average price at €2.95. In general, these cities tend to have the cheapest trains to Duisburg:
Where is the train station in Duisburg, Germany?
The busiest train station in Duisburg is Otto-Keller-Straße 17. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Duisburg are:
- Otto-Keller-Straße 17
Is Duisburg a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Duisburg?
How much do train tickets to Duisburg cost?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Duisburg?
Top train routes to and from Duisburg
- train from Mannheim to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Amsterdam
- train from Stuttgart to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Erfurt
- train from Duisburg to Mönchengladbach
- train from Ahlen to Duisburg
- train from Essen to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Munich
- train from Berlin to Duisburg
- train from Gelsenkirchen to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Berlin
- train from Duisburg to Krakow
- train from Heidelberg to Duisburg
- train from Weilheim in Oberbayern to Duisburg
- train from Karlsruhe to Duisburg
- train from Freising to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Emden
- train from Duisburg to Bochum
- train from Amsterdam to Duisburg
- train from Treviso to Duisburg
- train from Herne to Duisburg
- train from Marl to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Düsseldorf
- train from Duisburg to Cologne
- train from Mönchengladbach to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Heilbronn
- train from Leer to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Münster
- train from Duisburg to Rijeka
- train from Venlo to Duisburg
- train from Düsseldorf to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Lingen
- train from Oberhausen to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Gelsenkirchen
- train from Osnabrück to Duisburg
- train from Duisburg to Essen
- train from Duisburg to Weilheim in Oberbayern
- train from Duisburg to Regensburg
- train from Duisburg to Dortmund
- train from Duisburg to Hamburg
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.