Search train tickets to Rensselaer
How to get to Rensselaer by train
|Trips per day||750|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
What train companies travel to Rensselaer, New York?
Located in New York, Rensselaer is accessible by train from 224 other cities. You can choose from 750 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Rensselaer on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Rensselaer are also available..
Train companies serving Rensselaer
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Lake Shore Limited||23||4h 55m||€48.12|
|Amtrak Empire Service||15||2h 16m||€41.47|
|Amtrak Maple Leaf||15||2h 53m||€48.51|
|Amtrak Ethan Allen Express||14||1h 52m||€41.68|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
Amtrak Empire Service
The Amtrak Empire Service is a rail line spanning the Empire Corridor, a rail route through New York state from New York City to Niagara Falls. Several Amtrak passenger trains service this route, providing travelers with multiple options when commuting between cities in New York State. The trains themselves feature free internet, cafe service with snacks, beverages, and meals, and comfortable seats to enjoy the gorgeous views of the Hudson River Valley and Upstate New York.
Amtrak Ethan Allen Express
Amtrak's Ethan Allen Express line connects New York City to Rutland, Vermont. The scenic trip along the Hudson River Valley includes ten intermediate stops throughout New York and Vermont. This higher-speed rail service departs once daily. Onboard amenities include WiFi and power outlets, plus a cafe car and business class seating options for added comfort.
Which train service has the best service to Rensselaer?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to Rensselaer by train with Amtrak Adirondack giving them a 5 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Amtrak Adirondack had the most comfortable train service to Rensselaer taking into account the seats and amenities that Amtrak Adirondack offers. They rate Amtrak Adirondack a 5 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to Rensselaer punctually, travelers suggest that Amtrak Ethan Allen Express has the best on time performance on their train schedules to Rensselaer, rating them a 5 based on their on time arrivals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Rensselaer?
Where is the train station in Rensselaer, NY?
The main train station in Rensselaer is Albany-Rensselaer Train Station. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Rensselaer.
What is the closest airport to Rensselaer, NY?
Is Rensselaer a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Rensselaer?
How much do train tickets to Rensselaer cost?
What type of traveler does Rensselaer attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Rensselaer?
Top train routes to and from Rensselaer
- train from Portland to Rensselaer
- train from Rensselaer to Worcester
- train from Rensselaer to Burlington
- train from Amsterdam to Rensselaer
- train from Rensselaer to Springfield
- train from Rensselaer to Buffalo
- train from Schenectady to Rensselaer
- train from Rochester to Rensselaer
- train from Rensselaer to Chicago
- train from Yonkers to Rensselaer
- train from Pittsfield to Rensselaer
- train from Hudson to Rensselaer
- train from Trenton to Rensselaer
- train from Saratoga Springs to Rensselaer
- train from Rensselaer to Orlando
- train from New York to Rensselaer
- train from Boston to Rensselaer
- train from Rensselaer to Wilmington
- train from Rensselaer to Trenton
- train from Rensselaer to South Burlington
- train from Wilmington to Rensselaer
- train from Syracuse to Rensselaer
- train from Colonie to Rensselaer
- train from Newark to Rensselaer
- train from Philadelphia to Rensselaer
- train from Rensselaer to Newark
- train from Washington to Rensselaer
- train from Rensselaer to Baltimore
- train from Chicago to Rensselaer
- train from Rensselaer to Boston
- train from Rensselaer to Rochester
- train from Rensselaer to Washington
- train from Rensselaer to Poughkeepsie
- train from Rensselaer to Syracuse
- train from Burlington to Rensselaer
- train from Rensselaer to Schenectady
- train from Rensselaer to New York
- train from Rensselaer to Philadelphia
- train from Rensselaer to Utica
- train from Poughkeepsie to Rensselaer
Popular train routes in Europe
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.