Compare train tickets from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 8 daily trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg. Traveling by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg usually takes around 9 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 7 hours and 45 minutes.
|Distance||71 mi (114 km)|
|Fastest train||8h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg?
Deutsche Bahn is the one and only train line which connects Schwäbisch Gmünd, Baden-Württemberg to Ravensburg, Baden-Württemberg. However, there are 8 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||8||9h 0m||€28.16|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg?
The distance between Schwäbisch Gmünd and Ravensburg is approximately 71 miles, or 114 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 9 hours, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 7 hours and 45 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Schwäbisch Gmünd at 22:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 23:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg?
There are 8 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Ravensburg to Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd?
There is one train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Ravensburg?
There are more train stations and stops in Ravensburg than most cities. Most trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd will stop at one (or more) of the 3 following stations in Ravensburg:
Train stations in Ravensburg:
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Evere
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Saint-Gilles Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Halle Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Kirchberg an der Murr
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Stuttgart Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Deggendorf
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Neufahrn bei Freising
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Nuremberg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Liederbach am Taunus Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Marburg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Brunswick Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Cologne
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Hiddenhausen
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Paderborn
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Budapest Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Trento
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Arnhem
Continue by train from Ravensburg
- Train from Ravensburg to Brussels
- Train from Ravensburg to Lucerne
- Ravensburg to Wallisellen Train
- Train from Ravensburg to Prague
- Ravensburg to Berlin Train
- Train from Ravensburg to Bahlingen
- Ravensburg to Heidenheim Train
- Ravensburg to Magstadt Train
- Ravensburg to Mannheim
- Train from Ravensburg to Ulm
- Train from Ravensburg to Wertheim am Main
- Train from Ravensburg to Coburg
- Train from Ravensburg to Dietzenbach
- Ravensburg to Hanover Train
- Ravensburg to Kiel Train
- Train from Ravensburg to Saarbrücken
- Ravensburg to London Train
- Ravensburg to Venice
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.