Compare train tickets from Stuttgart to Sankt Wendel
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 97 daily trains from Stuttgart to Sankt Wendel. Traveling by train from Stuttgart to Sankt Wendel usually takes around 3 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 20 minutes.
|Distance||103 mi (166 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Train service from Stuttgart to Sankt Wendel
- DB Intercity-Express tickets: €38 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: €29 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: €30 one-way
Which train should you take from Stuttgart to Sankt Wendel?
There are 3 train lines with service from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg to Sankt Wendel, Saarland. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 47 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity-Express||4||3h 32m||€52.20|
|Deutsche Bahn||46||3h 18m||€46.14|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||47||3h 9m||€48.10|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Stuttgart to Sankt Wendel during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Stuttgart to Sankt Wendel?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Stuttgart to Sankt Wendel are the most crowded on Thursday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Thursday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Stuttgart at 05:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 21:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Stuttgart to Sankt Wendel?
There are 97 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Sankt Wendel to Stuttgart.
Where is the train station in Stuttgart?
There is one train station in Stuttgart.
Where is the train station in Sankt Wendel?
There are more train stations and stops in Sankt Wendel than most cities. Most trains from Stuttgart will stop at one (or more) of the 3 following stations in Sankt Wendel:
Train stations in Sankt Wendel:
Need a return trip from Sankt Wendel to Stuttgart?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Stuttgart
- Train from Stuttgart to Romanshorn
- Stuttgart to Návsí
- Stuttgart to Frankfurt (Oder) Train
- Train from Stuttgart to Gemmingen
- Train from Stuttgart to Sulz
- Train from Stuttgart to Blaichach
- Train from Stuttgart to Dürrlauingen
- Train from Stuttgart to Neusäß
- Stuttgart to Neustadt an der Waldnaab Train
- Stuttgart to Oy-Mittelberg Train
- Stuttgart to Zwingenberg Train
- Train from Stuttgart to Hasbergen
- Train from Stuttgart to Coesfeld
- Stuttgart to Middelfart Train
- Train from Stuttgart to Vác
- Train from Stuttgart to Oosterbeek
- Train from Stuttgart to Wezep
- Stuttgart to Sevenum Train
Continue by train from Sankt Wendel
- Sankt Wendel to Alken
- Train from Sankt Wendel to Zurich
- Sankt Wendel to Munich Train
- Sankt Wendel to Frankfurt am Main Train
- Train from Sankt Wendel to Hamburg
- Sankt Wendel to Bad Bevensen Train
- Sankt Wendel to Bienenbüttel
- Sankt Wendel to Echem Train
- Sankt Wendel to Winsen Train
- Sankt Wendel to Dortmund
- Train from Sankt Wendel to Düsseldorf
- Sankt Wendel to Albig
- Sankt Wendel to Wörrstadt Train
- Train from Sankt Wendel to Plauen
- Train from Sankt Wendel to Ikast
- Train from Sankt Wendel to Strasbourg
- Train from Sankt Wendel to Stockholm
- Sankt Wendel to Ljubljana Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.