Compare train tickets from Frankfurt am Main to Völklingen
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 36 daily trains from Frankfurt am Main to Völklingen. Traveling by train from Frankfurt am Main to Völklingen usually takes around 3 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 24 minutes.
|Distance||101 mi (162 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 0m|
|Trains per day||1|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Frankfurt am Main to Völklingen?
2 train services operate from Frankfurt am Main, Hesse to Völklingen, Saarland. Deutsche Bahn usually has more trains scheduled, with 27 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||27||2h 49m||€40.40|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||9||3h 11m||€41.65|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Frankfurt am Main to Völklingen during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Frankfurt am Main to Völklingen?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Frankfurt am Main to Völklingen are the most crowded on Thursday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Thursday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Frankfurt am Main at 08:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 22:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Frankfurt am Main to Völklingen?
There are 36 scheduled trains on most days. There is one direct train, which you can stay on for the entire journey from Frankfurt am Main to Völklingen. In contrast, taking a non-direct train would require you to transfer trains during your trip.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Völklingen to Frankfurt am Main.
Where is the train station in Frankfurt am Main?
There is one train station in Frankfurt am Main.
Where is the train station in Völklingen?
Völklingen receives travelers from Frankfurt am Main at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Völklingen:
Need a return trip from Völklingen to Frankfurt am Main?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Frankfurt am Main
- Frankfurt am Main to Steyr
- Frankfurt am Main to Grenchen
- Frankfurt am Main to Hemsbach
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Leingarten
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Philippsburg
- Frankfurt am Main to Ringsheim
- Frankfurt am Main to Gundelfingen an der Donau Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Oberau Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Lauenbrück Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Arnsberg
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Krefeld
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Willich
- Frankfurt am Main to Kirchen Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Ockenheim Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Heringen Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Leinefelde-Worbis Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Fredericia Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Győr Train
Continue by train from Völklingen
- Train from Völklingen to Graz
- Völklingen to Krumpendorf Train
- Train from Völklingen to Vienna
- Train from Völklingen to Ronse
- Völklingen to Leuze-en-Hainaut Train
- Train from Völklingen to Filderstadt
- Völklingen to Munich Train
- Völklingen to Nuremberg Train
- Train from Völklingen to Bielefeld
- Train from Völklingen to Cochem
- Völklingen to Klotten Train
- Völklingen to Rieschweiler-Mühlbach Train
- Völklingen to Flensburg Train
- Völklingen to Husby Train
- Völklingen to Steinbach-Hallenberg Train
- Völklingen to Marseille Train
- Train from Völklingen to Luxembourg
- Völklingen to Bratislava