Compare train tickets from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Stralsund
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 23 daily trains from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Stralsund. Traveling by train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Stralsund usually takes around 5 hours and 52 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 5 hours and 1 minutes.
|Distance||190 mi (306 km)|
|Fastest train||5h 1m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Stralsund?
Deutsche Bahn is the one and only train line which connects Osterholz-Scharmbeck, Lower Saxony to Stralsund, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. However, there are 23 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||23||5h 52m||€46.59|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Stralsund during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Stralsund?
The distance between Osterholz-Scharmbeck and Stralsund is approximately 190 miles, or 306 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 5 hours and 52 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 5 hours and 1 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Stralsund are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Osterholz-Scharmbeck at 05:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 20:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Stralsund?
There are 23 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Stralsund to Osterholz-Scharmbeck.
Where is the train station in Osterholz-Scharmbeck?
There is one train station in Osterholz-Scharmbeck.
Where is the train station in Stralsund?
Stralsund receives travelers from Osterholz-Scharmbeck at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Stralsund:
Need a return trip from Stralsund to Osterholz-Scharmbeck?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Osterholz-Scharmbeck
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Prague
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Lahr Train
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Erlangen Train
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Munich
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Hamburg
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Hanover
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Harsefeld
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Scheeßel
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Wittingen Train
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Detmold
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Lienen
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Trier
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Heligoland
- Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Rendsburg Train
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Lyon
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Eindhoven
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Norrköping
- Train from Osterholz-Scharmbeck to Malmo
Continue by train from Stralsund
- Train from Stralsund to Klagenfurt
- Train from Stralsund to Salzburg
- Train from Stralsund to Vienna
- Train from Stralsund to Ixelles
- Stralsund to Jihlava
- Train from Stralsund to Berlin
- Stralsund to Blaustein Train
- Stralsund to Regensburg Train
- Stralsund to Goslar Train
- Stralsund to Göttingen Train
- Train from Stralsund to Hanover
- Stralsund to Hildesheim
- Train from Stralsund to Westerstede
- Stralsund to Düsseldorf Train
- Train from Stralsund to Wuppertal
- Train from Stralsund to Bönningstedt
- Train from Stralsund to Hvidovre
- Stralsund to Paris Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.