Compare train tickets from Southern Pines to Hagerstown
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There is one daily train from Southern Pines to Hagerstown. Traveling by train from Southern Pines to Hagerstown usually takes around 14 hours, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||322 mi (518 km)|
|Fastest train||14h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak|
Which train should you take from Southern Pines to Hagerstown?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Southern Pines, North Carolina to Hagerstown, Maryland. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey. On average, there are 1 Amtrak trains from Southern Pines to Hagerstown every day, as well as 0 trips on the weekends, with prices starting from €111.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Southern Pines to Hagerstown during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Southern Pines to Hagerstown?
The distance between Southern Pines and Hagerstown is approximately 322 miles, or 518 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 14 hours,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Southern Pines to Hagerstown are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Southern Pines at 06:00 and arrives in Hagerstown around 14 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Southern Pines to Hagerstown?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. However, it is not a direct train. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you transfer trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Hagerstown to Southern Pines.
Where is the train station in Southern Pines?
There is one train station in Southern Pines.
Where is the train station in Hagerstown?
Hagerstown has one train station.
Need a return trip from Hagerstown to Southern Pines?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Southern Pines
- Train from Southern Pines to Bridgeport
- Southern Pines to Mystic
- Train from Southern Pines to New London
- Southern Pines to Washington D.C.
- Train from Southern Pines to Dade City
- Train from Southern Pines to Orlando
- Southern Pines to Pinellas Park
- Southern Pines to Frederick
- Train from Southern Pines to Brunswick
- Train from Southern Pines to Laurel
- Southern Pines to Burlington Train
- Southern Pines to Havelock Train
- Train from Southern Pines to New Brunswick
- Train from Southern Pines to Pennsauken
- Train from Southern Pines to Hudson
- Train from Southern Pines to New York
- Train from Southern Pines to Allentown
- Southern Pines to Exton
Continue by train from Hagerstown
- Train from Hagerstown to Bridgeport
- Hagerstown to Washington D.C. Train
- Train from Hagerstown to Newark
- Train from Hagerstown to Fort Lauderdale
- Hagerstown to Ocala Train
- Hagerstown to Orlando
- Train from Hagerstown to Sarasota
- Train from Hagerstown to Sebring
- Hagerstown to Baltimore Train
- Hagerstown to Hamlet Train
- Hagerstown to Raleigh Train
- Train from Hagerstown to Newark
- Train from Hagerstown to New York
- Train from Hagerstown to Rhinebeck
- Train from Hagerstown to Harrisburg
- Train from Hagerstown to Lancaster
- Hagerstown to Philadelphia Train
- Train from Hagerstown to Nashville