Compare train tickets from Braunau am Inn to Garmisch-Partenkirchen
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 44 daily trains from Braunau am Inn to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Traveling by train from Braunau am Inn to Garmisch-Partenkirchen usually takes around 5 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 3 hours and 42 minutes.
|Distance||105 mi (168 km)|
|Fastest train||4h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Train service from Braunau am Inn to Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: $56 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: $40 one-way
- Non-federally owned railway company tickets: $45 one-way
Which train should you take from Braunau am Inn to Garmisch-Partenkirchen?
There are 3 train lines with service from Braunau am Inn, to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bavaria. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 20 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||15||6h 5m||$56.25|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||20||5h 3m||$51.80|
|Non-federally owned railway company||9||5h 27m||$48.46|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Braunau am Inn to Garmisch-Partenkirchen during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Braunau am Inn to Garmisch-Partenkirchen?
The distance between Braunau am Inn and Garmisch-Partenkirchen is approximately 105 miles, or 168 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 5 hours, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 3 hours and 42 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Braunau am Inn to Garmisch-Partenkirchen are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Braunau am Inn at 6:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 9:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Braunau am Inn to Garmisch-Partenkirchen?
There are 44 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Braunau am Inn.
Where is the train station in Braunau am Inn?
There is one train station in Braunau am Inn.
Where is the train station in Garmisch-Partenkirchen?
There are more train stations and stops in Garmisch-Partenkirchen than most cities. Most trains from Braunau am Inn will stop at one (or more) of the 3 following stations in Garmisch-Partenkirchen:
Train stations in Garmisch-Partenkirchen:
Need a return trip from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Braunau am Inn?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Braunau am Inn
- Braunau am Inn to Karlsruhe Train
- Braunau am Inn to Überlingen
- Braunau am Inn to Augsburg
- Train from Braunau am Inn to Kaufbeuren
- Braunau am Inn to Munich
- Train from Braunau am Inn to Oberhaching
- Train from Braunau am Inn to Wurzburg
- Train from Braunau am Inn to Schüttorf
- Train from Braunau am Inn to Dortmund
- Braunau am Inn to Duisburg
- Braunau am Inn to Düsseldorf Train
- Train from Braunau am Inn to Krefeld
- Train from Braunau am Inn to Oberhausen
- Braunau am Inn to Blieskastel
- Braunau am Inn to Saarbrücken
- Train from Braunau am Inn to Breitenbrunn
- Braunau am Inn to Leipzig Train
- Braunau am Inn to Erfurt
Continue by train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Salzburg Train
- Train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Zirl
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Schaerbeek
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Beersel Train
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Bruges
- Train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Interlaken
- Train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Kirchheim unter Teck
- Train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Stuttgart
- Train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Überlingen
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Wertheim am Main
- Train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Bamberg
- Train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Oberau
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Rohrbach
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Jena Train
- Train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Paris
- Train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Landgraaf
- Train from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Utrecht
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Katowice
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.