Compare train tickets from Marchtrenk to Heidelberg
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 66 daily trains from Marchtrenk to Heidelberg. Traveling by train from Marchtrenk to Heidelberg usually takes around 8 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company train can make the trip in 6 hours and 24 minutes.
|Distance||262 mi (421 km)|
|Fastest train||6h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Train service from Marchtrenk to Heidelberg
- DB Intercity-Express tickets: $140 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: $142 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: $78 one-way
Which train should you take from Marchtrenk to Heidelberg?
There are 3 train lines with service from Marchtrenk, to Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 58 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity-Express||2||6h 54m||$139.57|
|Deutsche Bahn||6||7h 51m||$141.81|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||58||7h 37m||$130.18|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Marchtrenk to Heidelberg during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
How long is the train journey from Marchtrenk to Heidelberg?
The distance between Marchtrenk and Heidelberg is approximately 262 miles, or 421 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 8 hours, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 6 hours and 24 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Marchtrenk to Heidelberg are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Marchtrenk at 9:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 8:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Marchtrenk to Heidelberg?
There are 66 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Heidelberg to Marchtrenk.
Where is the train station in Marchtrenk?
There is one train station in Marchtrenk.
Where is the train station in Heidelberg?
Heidelberg receives travelers from Marchtrenk at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Heidelberg:
Need a return trip from Heidelberg to Marchtrenk?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Marchtrenk
- Bichlbach to Oberammergau Train
- Gerasdorf to Langenau Train
- Gmunden to Passau Train
- Hainburg an der Donau to Munich Train
- Train from Hainburg an der Donau to Regensburg
- Inzing to Schweich Train
- Lähn to Willstätt Train
- Train from Oberndorf bei Schwanenstadt to Haar
- Pressbaum to Erbach an der Donau Train
- Sankt Anton im Montafon to Frankfurt am Main Train
- Train from Sankt Pankraz to Berlin
- Train from Sankt Veit an der Glan to Stuttgart
- Train from Selzthal to Stuttgart
- Stainach to Hamburg Train
- Trieben to Breitenworbis Train
- Train from Tulln to Ulm
- Vils to Grainau Train
- Zeltweg to Burgdorf, Hanover Train
Continue by train from Heidelberg
- Heidelberg to Seefeld in Tirol
- Heidelberg to Bastogne
- Heidelberg to Lauterbrunnen
- Heidelberg to Rheinfelden Train
- Train from Heidelberg to Triberg
- Heidelberg to Weiden Train
- Train from Heidelberg to Cloppenburg
- Train from Heidelberg to Hamelin
- Heidelberg to Dortmund Train
- Heidelberg to Wesel Train
- Heidelberg to Landau Train
- Heidelberg to Waldfischbach-Burgalben Train
- Heidelberg to Bad Schwartau
- Heidelberg to Leipzig Train
- Heidelberg to Dessau Train
- Train from Heidelberg to Lunderskov
- Train from Heidelberg to Nijmegen
- Train from Heidelberg to The Hague