Compare train tickets from Esslingen to Koog aan de Zaan
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 158 daily trains from Esslingen to Koog aan de Zaan. Traveling by train from Esslingen to Koog aan de Zaan usually takes around 8 hours and 15 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 6 hours and 3 minutes.
|Distance||324 mi (522 km)|
|Fastest train||6h 3m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Which train should you take from Esslingen to Koog aan de Zaan?
2 train services operate from Esslingen am Neckar, Baden-Württemberg to Koog aan de Zaan, North Holland. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company usually has more trains scheduled, with 126 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||32||6h 50m||$111.41|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||126||8h 38m||$89.16|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Esslingen am Neckar to Koog aan de Zaan during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Esslingen to Koog aan de Zaan?
The distance between Esslingen and Koog aan de Zaan is approximately 324 miles, or 522 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 8 hours and 15 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 6 hours and 3 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Esslingen to Koog aan de Zaan are the most crowded on Friday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Friday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Esslingen at 12:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 10:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Esslingen to Koog aan de Zaan?
There are 158 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Koog aan de Zaan to Esslingen.
Where is the train station in Esslingen?
There are two stations in Esslingen where you can board the train to Koog aan de Zaan.
Train stations in Esslingen:
Where is the train station in Koog aan de Zaan?
Koog aan de Zaan receives travelers from Esslingen at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Koog aan de Zaan:
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Esslingen
- Esslingen am Neckar to Basel Train
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Lindau
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Zurich
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Karlovy Vary
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Prague
- Esslingen am Neckar to Berlin Train
- Esslingen am Neckar to Friedrichshafen Train
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Stuttgart
- Esslingen am Neckar to Tübingen Train
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Eisenberg
- Esslingen am Neckar to Nuremberg Train
- Esslingen am Neckar to Rotthalmünster
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Vilseck
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Offenbach
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Wolfsburg
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Rheine
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Plauen
Continue by train from Koog aan de Zaan
- Train from Koog aan de Zaan to Kehl
- Train from Koog aan de Zaan to Müllheim
- Koog aan de Zaan to Ansbach Train
- Koog aan de Zaan to Bischofswiesen Train
- Train from Koog aan de Zaan to Burgbernheim
- Train from Koog aan de Zaan to Eisenberg
- Train from Koog aan de Zaan to Nuremberg
- Koog aan de Zaan to Regensburg Train
- Koog aan de Zaan to Bad Harzburg Train
- Koog aan de Zaan to Celle Train
- Train from Koog aan de Zaan to Alsdorf
- Koog aan de Zaan to Cologne
- Train from Koog aan de Zaan to Dortmund
- Koog aan de Zaan to Düsseldorf Train
- Train from Koog aan de Zaan to Emmerich
- Train from Koog aan de Zaan to Eschweiler
- Koog aan de Zaan to Geseke Train
- Koog aan de Zaan to Hennef Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.