Compare train tickets from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 33 daily trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich. Traveling by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich usually takes around 5 hours and 2 minutes, but the fastest DB Intercity train can make the trip in 3 hours and 57 minutes.
|Distance||114 mi (184 km)|
|Fastest train||3h 57m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Train service from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich
- DB Intercity tickets: $43 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: $43 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: $43 one-way
Which train should you take from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich?
There are 3 train lines with service from Schwäbisch Gmünd, Baden-Württemberg to Zurich, Canton of Zurich. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 23 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity||2||3h 58m||$46.53|
|Deutsche Bahn||8||5h 54m||$58.19|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||23||4h 50m||$57.08|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich?
The distance between Schwäbisch Gmünd and Zurich is approximately 114 miles, or 184 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 5 hours and 2 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 3 hours and 57 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Schwäbisch Gmünd at 4:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich?
There are 33 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
Where is the train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd?
There is one train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Zurich?
Zurich has one train station.
Need a return trip from Zurich to Schwäbisch Gmünd?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Raaba Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Vienna
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Brussels
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Jette
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Boom Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Prague Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Heidelberg Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Kehl Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Coburg Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Wurzburg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Düsseldorf Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Mudersbach
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Dresden
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Luxembourg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Apeldoorn
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Utrecht Train
Continue by train from Zurich
- Zurich to Calw Train
- Train from Zurich to Kressbronn am Bodensee
- Zurich to Altötting Train
- Train from Zurich to Nesselwang
- Zurich to Neu-Ulm Train
- Zurich to Regensburg Train
- Train from Zurich to Schwarzenbach an der Saale
- Train from Zurich to Ebersburg
- Train from Zurich to Grünberg
- Train from Zurich to Bad Doberan
- Zurich to Züssow
- Zurich to Langenhagen Train
- Train from Zurich to Wolfenbüttel
- Train from Zurich to Cologne
- Train from Zurich to Rheinberg
- Train from Zurich to Bitburg
- Train from Zurich to Heidesheim am Rhein
- Train from Zurich to Otterbach
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.