Compare train tickets from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Augsburg
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 24 daily trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Augsburg. Traveling by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Augsburg usually takes around 3 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 15 minutes.
|Distance||58 mi (94 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Augsburg?
2 train services operate from Schwäbisch Gmünd, Baden-Württemberg to Augsburg, Bavaria. Deutsche Bahn usually has more trains scheduled, with 16 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||16||3h 19m||$32.88|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||8||3h 6m||$27.95|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Augsburg during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Augsburg?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Augsburg are the most crowded on Thursday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Thursday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Schwäbisch Gmünd at 5:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 10:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Augsburg?
There are 24 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Augsburg to Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd?
There is one train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Augsburg?
Augsburg has one train station.
Need a return trip from Augsburg to Schwäbisch Gmünd?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Heiterwang
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Boom Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Halle Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Prague Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Villingen-Schwenningen
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Deggendorf
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Neufahrn bei Freising
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Wurzburg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Liederbach am Taunus Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Cologne
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Düsseldorf Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Hiddenhausen
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Paris
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Trento
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Apeldoorn
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Arnhem
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Utrecht Train
Continue by train from Augsburg
- Train from Augsburg to Lausanne
- Train from Augsburg to Kirchentellinsfurt
- Augsburg to Mannheim
- Train from Augsburg to Schwäbisch Gmünd
- Train from Augsburg to Coburg
- Augsburg to Deuerling
- Augsburg to Füssen Train
- Train from Augsburg to Schrobenhausen
- Train from Augsburg to Hasbergen
- Train from Augsburg to Bergisch Gladbach
- Train from Augsburg to Drensteinfurt
- Train from Augsburg to Krefeld
- Train from Augsburg to Meckenheim
- Train from Augsburg to Remscheid
- Augsburg to Birkweiler Train
- Augsburg to Koblenz Train
- Train from Augsburg to Landau
- Train from Augsburg to Győr
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.