Compare train tickets from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Gernrode
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 17 daily trains from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Gernrode. Traveling by train from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Gernrode usually takes around 6 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 3 hours and 58 minutes.
|Distance||204 mi (328 km)|
|Fastest train||4h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Gernrode?
Deutsche Bahn is the one and only train line which connects Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm, Bavaria to Gernrode, Free State of Thuringia. However, there are 17 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||17||5h 37m||$137.97|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Gernrode during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Gernrode?
The distance between Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm and Gernrode is approximately 204 miles, or 328 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 6 hours, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 3 hours and 58 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Gernrode are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Friday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm at 7:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 7:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Gernrode?
There are 17 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Gernrode to Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm.
Where is the train station in Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm?
There is one train station in Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm.
Where is the train station in Gernrode?
Gernrode has one train station.
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Berlin Train
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Kehl Train
- Train from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Bad Aibling
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Dachau
- Train from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Munich
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Petershausen
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Röhrmoos Train
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Unterschleissheim
- Train from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Vierkirchen
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Bensheim Train
- Train from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Biblis
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Darmstadt Train
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Eichenzell Train
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Heusenstamm Train
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Münster Train
- Train from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Riedstadt
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Dortmund Train
- Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Weinbergen Train
Continue by train from Gernrode
- Arnstadt to Salzgitter Train
- Elgersburg to Gerasdorf Train
- Ellersleben to Plauen Train
- Train from Gehlberg to Saarbrücken
- Train from Gehlberg to Ilmenau
- Train from Kranichfeld to Worms
- Leinefelde-Worbis to Cologne Train
- Train from Leutenberg to Munich
- Mechterstädt to Hamburg Train
- Train from Mellingen to Utrecht
- Plaue to Schwechat Train
- Train from Plaue to Fribourg
- Train from Probstzella to Paris
- Train from Sonneberg to Nuremberg
- Tiefenort to Prague Train
- Warza to Stuttgart
- Train from Wipfratal to Braunau am Inn
- Train from Wipperdorf to Zevenaar
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.