Compare train tickets from Saal an der Donau to Lichtenfels
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 44 daily trains from Saal an der Donau to Lichtenfels. Traveling by train from Saal an der Donau to Lichtenfels usually takes around 4 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 23 minutes.
|Distance||97 mi (156 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Saal an der Donau to Lichtenfels?
There are 4 train lines with service from Saal an der Donau, Bavaria to Lichtenfels, Bavaria. Deutsche Bahn is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 34 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity-Express||1||3h 38m||$69.72|
|Deutsche Bahn||34||3h 23m||$45.59|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||8||6h 11m||$33.61|
|Non-federally owned railway company||1||4h 56m||$25.86|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Saal an der Donau to Lichtenfels during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Saal an der Donau to Lichtenfels?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Saal an der Donau to Lichtenfels are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Saal an der Donau at 12:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 10:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Saal an der Donau to Lichtenfels?
There are 44 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Lichtenfels to Saal an der Donau.
Where is the train station in Saal an der Donau?
There is one train station in Saal an der Donau.
Where is the train station in Lichtenfels?
Lichtenfels receives travelers from Saal an der Donau at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Lichtenfels:
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Saal an der Donau
- Saal an der Donau to Gemeinde Schlüßlberg
- Saal an der Donau to Loosdorf
- Saal an der Donau to Wels Train
- Saal an der Donau to Brussels Train
- Train from Saal an der Donau to Melle
- Saal an der Donau to Stuttgart Train
- Train from Saal an der Donau to Bayreuth
- Train from Saal an der Donau to Deuerling
- Train from Saal an der Donau to Erding
- Train from Saal an der Donau to Kelheim
- Saal an der Donau to Neustadt an der Donau Train
- Saal an der Donau to Parsberg
- Saal an der Donau to Regensburg Train
- Train from Saal an der Donau to Regenstauf
- Train from Saal an der Donau to Schechen
- Train from Saal an der Donau to Vojens
- Train from Saal an der Donau to Houten
- Train from Saal an der Donau to Maarssenbroek
Continue by train from Lichtenfels
- Train from Lichtenfels to Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Lichtenfels to Hamburg
- Lichtenfels to Aachen Train
- Train from Lichtenfels to Düsseldorf
- Lichtenfels to Ratingen Train
- Lichtenfels to Leipzig Train
- Train from Lichtenfels to Copenhagen
- Train from Lichtenfels to Paris
- Train from Lichtenfels to Amsterdam
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.