Compare train tickets from Frankfurt to Schwäbisch Gmünd
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 18 daily trains from Frankfurt to Schwäbisch Gmünd. Traveling by train from Frankfurt to Schwäbisch Gmünd usually takes around 3 hours, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||104 mi (167 km)|
|Fastest train||3h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Frankfurt to Schwäbisch Gmünd?
Deutsche Bahn is the one and only train line which connects Frankfurt am Main, Hesse to Schwäbisch Gmünd, Baden-Württemberg. However, there are 18 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||18||3h 8m||$74.35|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Frankfurt am Main to Schwäbisch Gmünd during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Frankfurt to Schwäbisch Gmünd?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Frankfurt to Schwäbisch Gmünd are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Frankfurt at 11:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 9:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Frankfurt to Schwäbisch Gmünd?
There are 18 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Frankfurt to Schwäbisch Gmünd for $22.42.
Where is the train station in Frankfurt?
There is one train station in Frankfurt.
Where is the train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd?
Schwäbisch Gmünd has one train station.
Need a return trip from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Frankfurt
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Dornbirn
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Klagenfurt
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Straßwalchen
- Frankfurt am Main to Waidhofen an der Ybbs Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Neuchâtel
- Frankfurt am Main to Lausanne Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Biberach an der Riss
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Ettlingen
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Kempten
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Poppenhausen
- Frankfurt am Main to Groß Kiesow
- Frankfurt am Main to Meppen Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Schortens
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Sankt Augustin
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Winterberg
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Bous
- Frankfurt am Main to Wilthen Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Schmalkalden Train
Continue by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Raaba Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Brussels
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Jette
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Zurich
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Prague Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Remshalden
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Schorndorf Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Stuttgart Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Munich
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Wurzburg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Frankfurt am Main Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Düsseldorf Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Paris
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Eindhoven Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Utrecht Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Rotterdam Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.