Compare train tickets from Frankfurt to Wilthen
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 38 daily trains from Frankfurt to Wilthen. Traveling by train from Frankfurt to Wilthen usually takes around 6 hours and 45 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company train can make the trip in 5 hours and 7 minutes.
|Distance||260 mi (418 km)|
|Fastest train||5h 7m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Which train should you take from Frankfurt to Wilthen?
2 train services operate from Frankfurt am Main, Hesse to Wilthen, Saxony. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company usually has more trains scheduled, with 34 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||4||10h 56m||$35.48|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||34||6h 16m||$66.90|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Frankfurt am Main to Wilthen during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Frankfurt to Wilthen?
The distance between Frankfurt and Wilthen is approximately 260 miles, or 418 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 6 hours and 45 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 5 hours and 7 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Frankfurt to Wilthen are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Frankfurt at 2:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 10:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Frankfurt to Wilthen?
There are 38 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Wilthen to Frankfurt.
Where is the train station in Frankfurt?
There is one train station in Frankfurt.
Where is the train station in Wilthen?
Wilthen has one train station.
Need a return trip from Wilthen to Frankfurt?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main to Bopfingen Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Gaildorf
- Frankfurt am Main to Altenstadt an der Waldnaab Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Bad Abbach
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Pullach
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Rattelsdorf
- Frankfurt am Main to Hardegsen Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Holzminden
- Frankfurt am Main to Salzgitter Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Borken Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Erkrath Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Hattingen
- Frankfurt am Main to Herne Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Hövelhof Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Solingen Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Neuburg am Rhein
- Frankfurt am Main to Schweich Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Raguhn
Continue by train from Wilthen
- Arnsdorf to Berlin Train
- Train from Ellefeld to Leeste
- Train from Elsterberg to Budapest
- Gornau to Nuremberg Train
- Grossenhain to Falkenberg Train
- Train from Hainewalde to Hamburg
- Hohenstein-Ernstthal to Leipzig Train
- Hohenstein-Ernstthal to Rackwitz Train
- Markranstädt to Munich Train
- Neustadt in Sachsen to Cologne
- Train from Niederdorf to Ruhpolding
- Oederan to Dresden Train
- Train from Reuth to Machelen
- Train from Thalheim to Berlin
- Train from Wiedemar to Zurich
- Wülknitz to Dresden Train
- Train from Zschopau to Gerasdorf
- Train from Zwönitz to Pullach
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.