Compare train tickets from Mönchengladbach to Ismaning
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 95 daily trains from Mönchengladbach to Ismaning. Traveling by train from Mönchengladbach to Ismaning usually takes around 7 hours and 48 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 6 hours and 39 minutes.
|Distance||310 mi (499 km)|
|Fastest train||6h 39m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Mönchengladbach to Ismaning?
2 train services operate from Mönchengladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia to Ismaning, Bavaria. Deutsche Bahn usually has more trains scheduled, with 94 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||94||7h 49m||$148.32|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||1||6h 39m||$136.97|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Mönchengladbach to Ismaning during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Mönchengladbach to Ismaning?
The distance between Mönchengladbach and Ismaning is approximately 310 miles, or 499 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 7 hours and 48 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 6 hours and 39 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Mönchengladbach to Ismaning are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Mönchengladbach at 12:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Mönchengladbach to Ismaning?
There are 95 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Ismaning to Mönchengladbach.
Where is the train station in Mönchengladbach?
Mönchengladbach has 3 stations where passengers can board the train to Ismaning.
Train stations in Mönchengladbach:
Where is the train station in Ismaning?
Ismaning has one train station.
Need a return trip from Ismaning to Mönchengladbach?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Mönchengladbach
- Mönchengladbach to Torricella-Taverne Train
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Zurich
- Mönchengladbach to Biberach an der Riss
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Überlingen
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Amberg
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Aschaffenburg
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Elsenfeld
- Mönchengladbach to Kempten Train
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Munich
- Mönchengladbach to Reichenberg Train
- Mönchengladbach to Unterföhring Train
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Bremerhaven
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Haan
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Koblenz
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Trier
- Mönchengladbach to Leipzig
- Train from Mönchengladbach to Copenhagen
- Mönchengladbach to Ljubljana Train
Continue by train from Ismaning
- Ismaning to Badgastein Train
- Train from Ismaning to Braunau am Inn
- Ismaning to Ehrwald Train
- Train from Ismaning to Rankweil
- Train from Ismaning to Quarten
- Train from Ismaning to Stetten
- Train from Ismaning to Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Ismaning to Münchhausen am Christenberg
- Ismaning to Dormagen Train
- Train from Ismaning to Essen
- Train from Ismaning to Mühlheim an der Ruhr
- Train from Ismaning to Paderborn
- Train from Ismaning to Vlotho
- Train from Ismaning to Bacharach
- Ismaning to Klotten Train
- Ismaning to Vicenza Train
- Train from Ismaning to The Hague
- Ismaning to Halmstad Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.