Compare train tickets from Völklingen to Frankfurt
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 6 daily trains from Völklingen to Frankfurt. Traveling by train from Völklingen to Frankfurt usually takes around 2 hours and 57 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 16 minutes.
|Distance||101 mi (162 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 16m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Train service from Völklingen to Frankfurt
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: $21 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: $48 one-way
- vlexx tickets: $49 one-way
Which train should you take from Völklingen to Frankfurt?
There are 3 train lines with service from Völklingen, Saarland to Frankfurt am Main, Hesse. Deutsche Bahn is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 6 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||6||2h 46m||$45.10|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||3||3h 2m||$50.39|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Völklingen to Frankfurt am Main during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
How long is the train journey from Völklingen to Frankfurt?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Völklingen to Frankfurt are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Völklingen at 10:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Völklingen to Frankfurt?
There are 6 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Frankfurt to Völklingen.
Where is the train station in Völklingen?
There are two stations in Völklingen where you can board the train to Frankfurt.
Train stations in Völklingen:
Where is the train station in Frankfurt?
Frankfurt has one train station.
Need a return trip from Frankfurt to Völklingen?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Völklingen
- Völklingen to Lausanne
- Train from Völklingen to Dettingen an der Erms
- Train from Völklingen to Reutlingen
- Völklingen to Stuttgart
- Train from Völklingen to Aiterhofen
- Train from Völklingen to Bruchköbel
- Völklingen to Cammin Train
- Train from Völklingen to Kaiserslautern
- Völklingen to Sangerhausen Train
Continue by train from Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main to Radstadt Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Schladming Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Airolo
- Frankfurt am Main to Ammerbuch Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Bopfingen Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Gammertingen
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Warthausen
- Frankfurt am Main to Fürth Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Immenstadt Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Pullach
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Holzminden
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Hattingen
- Frankfurt am Main to Contwig Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Rendsburg
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Mørkøv
- Frankfurt am Main to Bezannes Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Rheden Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Bergen op Zoom