Compare train tickets from Oceanside to Yosemite National Park
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There is one daily train from Oceanside to Yosemite National Park. Traveling by train from Oceanside to Yosemite National Park usually takes around 12 hours, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||345 mi (555 km)|
|Fastest train||12h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak|
Which train should you take from Oceanside to Yosemite National Park?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Oceanside, California to Yosemite National Park, California. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey. On average, there are 1 Amtrak trains from Oceanside to Yosemite National Park every day, as well as 1 trips on the weekends, with prices starting from $61.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Oceanside to Yosemite National Park during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Oceanside to Yosemite National Park?
The distance between Oceanside and Yosemite National Park is approximately 345 miles, or 555 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 12 hours,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Oceanside to Yosemite National Park are the most crowded on Monday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Monday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Oceanside at 10:00pm and arrives in Yosemite National Park around 11 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Oceanside to Yosemite National Park?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. However, it is not a direct train. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you transfer trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Yosemite National Park to Oceanside.
Where is the train station in Oceanside?
There is one train station in Oceanside.
Where is the train station in Yosemite National Park?
Yosemite National Park has one train station.
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Oceanside
- Oceanside to Anaheim Train
- Train from Oceanside to Burbank
- Oceanside to Fullerton Train
- Oceanside to Glendale Train
- Train from Oceanside to Irvine
- Train from Oceanside to Los Angeles
- Train from Oceanside to Oakland
- Train from Oceanside to Oxnard
- Train from Oceanside to Palm Springs
- Train from Oceanside to San Clemente
- Oceanside to San Diego
- Train from Oceanside to San Francisco
- Train from Oceanside to San Juan Capistrano
- Train from Oceanside to San Luis Obispo
- Train from Oceanside to Santa Ana
- Oceanside to Santa Barbara Train
- Train from Oceanside to Santa Clarita
- Oceanside to Simi Valley
Continue by train from Yosemite National Park
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Kingman
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Burbank
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Claremont
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Corcoran
- Train from Yosemite National Park to La Crescenta-Montrose
- Yosemite National Park to La Quinta Train
- Yosemite National Park to Los Angeles
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Merced
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Ontario
- Yosemite National Park to Palm Springs
- Yosemite National Park to Riverside
- Yosemite National Park to Sacramento Train
- Train from Yosemite National Park to San Bernardino
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Santa Ana
- Yosemite National Park to Stockton
- Yosemite National Park to Ventura Train
- Yosemite National Park to Westchester Train
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Trinidad
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.