Compare train tickets from Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There is one daily train from Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita. Traveling by train from Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita usually takes around 5 hours and 41 minutes, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||66 mi (106 km)|
|Fastest train||5h 41m|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak|
Which train should you take from Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Santa Barbara, California to Santa Clarita, California. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey. On average, there are 1 Amtrak trains from Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita every day, as well as 1 trips on the weekends, with prices starting from $49.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita?
The distance between Santa Barbara and Santa Clarita is approximately 66 miles, or 106 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 5 hours and 41 minutes,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita are the most crowded on Sunday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Santa Barbara at 2:00pm and arrives in Santa Clarita around 5 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. However, it is not a direct train. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you transfer trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Santa Clarita to Santa Barbara.
Where is the train station in Santa Barbara?
There is one train station in Santa Barbara.
Where is the train station in Santa Clarita?
Santa Clarita has one train station.
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Santa Barbara
- Train from Santa Barbara to Berkeley
- Train from Santa Barbara to Burbank
- Train from Santa Barbara to Fresno
- Train from Santa Barbara to Fullerton
- Train from Santa Barbara to Irvine
- Santa Barbara to Lompoc Train
- Train from Santa Barbara to Long Beach
- Santa Barbara to Los Angeles Train
- Santa Barbara to Monterey
- Santa Barbara to Oakland Train
- Train from Santa Barbara to Oceanside
- Santa Barbara to Sacramento
- Santa Barbara to Salinas Train
- Train from Santa Barbara to San Diego
- Santa Barbara to San Francisco Train
- Train from Santa Barbara to San Jose
- Santa Barbara to San Luis Obispo
- Santa Barbara to Ventura Train
Continue by train from Santa Clarita
- Train from Santa Clarita to Chico
- Santa Clarita to Fresno Train
- Train from Santa Clarita to Hanford
- Train from Santa Clarita to Modesto
- Train from Santa Clarita to Monterey
- Train from Santa Clarita to Napa
- Train from Santa Clarita to Sacramento
- Train from Santa Clarita to San Francisco
- Santa Clarita to San Jose Train
- Train from Santa Clarita to San Luis Obispo
- Train from Santa Clarita to Santa Cruz
- Santa Clarita to Santa Rosa Train
- Santa Clarita to South Lake Tahoe Train
- Santa Clarita to Stockton Train
- Train from Santa Clarita to Yosemite National Park
- Santa Clarita to Reno Train
- Santa Clarita to Portland Train
- Train from Santa Clarita to Seattle
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.