Are you a looking to be part of a fun group of travel junkies set out to revolutionize the ground travel world?
Check out our open positions and give us a shout if you think you would be a good fit!
Wanderu, is an exciting Boston-based startup set out to make finding and booking inter-city bus and train travel easier, more convenient and fun! Be a part of an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world!
We are seeking driven, problem solving, experienced developers to join us full time.
In this role you will be key to the development and management of the Wanderu technology. As a member of a small team of research and development engineers you will work in an exciting environment using the latest technologies including NoSQL and search technologies.
- You learned CS concepts in school like linked lists, graphs, Big "O" notation, search and sorting, but you wondered why everybody used a relational db for everything
- You like to travel and wondered if tech could have made the experience better
- You run into every day problems and wondered "is there a better way?"
- When you were a kid, you broke apart your toys to see how they worked
- You either started on the front end or the back-end, but have dabbled into the "other" side
- We are polyglot for everything, languages, frameworks, dbs and human languages
- We are at the forefront of technology and host the GraphDB-Boston Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/graphdb-boston/
- We use agile methodologies (combination of Scrum and Kanban) and do continuous deployment weekly
- All our developers are versed in git, nodeunit/Selenium/watir, documentation
- If this sounds like you and you like us, please apply!
Back End Engineer or Architect
DevOps Engineer - Super Sys-Admin
We are seeking a bright resourceful systems engineer who will develop the technology to automate the management of our cloud environment, including configuration, deployment, auto-scaling, redundancy, monitoring, load-testing and auto-validation. In this role you will be a key individual that will make sure that our systems are up and performing to our growing demand. This position requires a heavy amount of automation, so you will be scripting/coding. You will be instrumental on how code gets deployed and how data gets to our customers efficiently.
Software Development Intern
We're looking for a star in the world of content (both creation and "strategy") who can lead us in building out unique editorial content with the mission of inspiring people to travel. This is a big role, both for the right individual and for us.
Head of Product
We are look for a passionate self-starter search expert interested in being a part of an exciting, fast growing startup in the travel industry. Organic search is one of the most important elements of our business today, representing a major share of our existing traffic - and representing one of the biggest opportunities ahead. You will be tasked with growing our SEO footprint, improving our measurable performance and building out broader in-house SEO expertise.
Some of the key areas of focus for this role will include: increasing current position and ranking of new pages through white-hat SEO tactics, content marketing, and extensive link building. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for staying up to date with SEO/Google/web trends and will be responsible for making sure that Wanderu is well ahead of the travel SEO curve.
Finally, while SEO will be the initial - and largest - focus for this role, we expect the right person will also go on to manage our broader digital marketing channels and campaigns.
Online Marketing Manager
We're looking for a star in the world of online account management -- but this is no plain old "SEM analyst"-type role. We want to work with someone who's eager to lead and own growing and scaling our bid-based marketing.
In this role you will be key to the performance and expansion of the Wanderu brand through content, search engine results and paid campaigns and lead the marketing team.
Want to know what it's like to work at one of the most exciting start-ups in Boston and learn directly from the gurus and ninjas of their trades that roam our office? Are you a rockstar ready to shine? Well then a Wanderu internship is for you! Learn about our interships.