The distance between Boston and Buffalo is approximately 490 miles. Due to the long distance, the commute between the two cities usually takes more than 10 hours.
Only Greyhound Bus provides direct line from Boston to Buffalo less than 11 hours. Amtrak Train travels with one stop at New York City and takes about 12 hours.
Ways to Travel:
- Greyhound Bus- As low as $85.50 One Way
- Amtrak train – As low as $127.00 One Way (transit at New York City)
Boston, one of the oldest cities in the US, attracts many tourists to its historical neighborhoods and major shopping centers, such as Newbury Street. As the oldest park in the country, Boston Common is the starting point of the Freedom Trail. The park is almost 50 acres in size. Today, Boston Common is the anchor for the Emerald Necklace, a system of connected parks that winds through many of Boston’s neighborhoods. Also, Boston Common is close to major transportation center – South Station, providing a convenient commute to many cities nearby.
Things to do in Boston
- Take a day off walking the Freedom Trail. It is a 2.5 mile walk through downtown Boston that visits 16 different historical sites along the way.
- As an international center for higher education, Boston enjoys a high reputation in academic achievement worldwide. Travelers can take a walk along Charles River, engaging themselves in an academic atmosphere of Harvard and MIT.
- Another popular attraction is Quincy Market, located in Faneuil Hall. This Marketplace houses unique shopping and many restaurants.
- A beautiful view of nature of Boston Harbor Islands is also a must-see attraction. Travelers can take a boat cruise to Spectacle Island for hiking, beaches, and more shopping!
Upon arriving in Buffalo, you will be stuck by the city’s numerous and varied strengths — from athletics to art, natural beauty to architecture, historical sites to scrumptious dining — it’s hard to categorize all the city offers. Buffalo is alive with things to do and discover!
Things to do in Buffalo
- On top of incredible entertainment, art and culture, a natural wonder - Niagara Falls – will take you to an incredible trip of majestic beauty of nature.
- You should get ready for the world class modern art at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, touring Broadway productions at the magnificent Shea’s Performing Arts Center
- Also, the Grammy Award-winning Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, a fascinating history, and countless festivals and events.