Find coach tickets from Washington DC to New York
Coaches from Washington DC to New York
- BestBus: 9 daily coaches from MX$110
- BestBus Prime: 2 daily coaches from MX$771
- Go Buses: 6 daily coaches from MX$375
- Greyhound: 4 daily coaches from MX$264
- Megabus: 27 daily coaches from MX$22
- OurBus: 2 daily coaches from MX$110
- Peter Pan Lines: 4 daily coaches from MX$110
- Washington Deluxe: 7 daily coaches from MX$507
Washington DC to New York coach - cost & duration
|Shortest Duration||2h 50m|
|Trips per day||42|
Washington DC-New York Coach Timetable
Price trends for coaches from Washington DC to New York
Average prices by travel date
Monthly average prices
Prices as travel date approaches
coach Trip Reviews from Wanderu Customers
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it cheaper to take the coach from DC to New York City or drive there yourself?
Yes, you’ll save money if you take a coach from D.C. to New York instead of driving your own vehicle. The average price for a coach ticket is $15.71, with some carriers such as BoltBus and Megabus offering deals as cheap as $1. Driving your own car, you’ll pay more than $100. Here’s how the costs break down.
Along the more than 200-mile stretch to New York City, if you drive you’ll pay:
- Between $35 and $52 in tolls (with prices varying based on whether you have a tag transponder or pay cash).
- The cost of parking, which often runs around $50 for an overnight spot.
- Plus the price of gas
- In total you’re looking at well over $100 of vehicle-related expenses, plus the added stress of driving in one of the world’s most congested cities.
How much is a coach ticket from Washington DC to New York?
Based on daily average prices in last 30 days, MX$436.15 was the low point for coach fares from Washington to New York. Coaches from New York to Washington DC are similarly priced. Any tickets cheaper than MX$436.15 could be considered a great deal.
The best way to find cheap deals on bus tickets is by booking as early as possible, since most coach companies increase the price as the travel date approaches. You should book at least 27 days in advance. By doing so, you could save MX$415.22 on your ticket compared to booking at the last minute.
How long is the coach ride?
What is the busiest day of the week to travel by coach?
Saturday is usually the day when coaches are busiest, as many travelers take the coach to enjoy the weekend in New York. If you are planning to travel on a Saturday, you should make sure to book tickets well in advance as they may sell out.
On the other hand, Wednesday is typically the least busy day for coach travel on this route. If you're looking for some extra space on the coach, traveling mid-week is your best bet.
When do the earliest and latest coaches leave Washington DC?
How many coaches are there each day?
There are 42 scheduled coaches that travel from Washington DC to New York every day, so you have a decent number of options to choose from. This includes 41 direct coaches, where you can stay on the same coach without having to transfer to a connecting coach at any point during your trip.
Need more travel options? Consider taking the train from Washington DC to New York; ticket prices start at MX$859.52.
What coach companies travel from Washington DC to New York?
Where does the coach leave from in Washington DC?
Coaches to New York leave from multiple locations in Washington DC, District of Columbia. These are the 9 most popular coach stations:
- Union Station
- Dupont Cir MA Ave
- Dupont Cir CT Ave
- Union Station, Slip 29
- Union Station, Slip 14
- Market Park - 801 Pennsylvania Ave SE btwn 8th St SE & D St SE
- l'Enfant Plaza
- Madame Tussauds Museum - 650 10th St NW
Where does the coach arrive in New York?
Coaches arrive in New York at 9 stations, depending on which coach line you are traveling with. These are the main coach stations in New York, New York:
- 7th Ave and W 27th St
- 417 W 34th St
- Port Authority Bus Station
- 202-230 West 36th St
- W 34th St and 11th Ave
- GW Bridge Bus Station - 4211 Broadway
- W 30th St, btw 9th and 10th Ave, opposite 450 W 30th St
- 368 Park Ave S
- 381 11th Ave, New York, NY
Plan your next adventure
- Washington D.C.
- New York