Search train tickets to Edinburgh
How to get to Edinburgh by train
|Trips per day||1,482|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
As Scotland's capital, Edinburgh and its people are famed throughout history for their contribution to philosophy, literature, science, and industry, among many other areas. This incredibly diverse city promises to provide attractions and entertainment for people of all ages, budgets, and interests. Edinburgh is even ranked as the #6 city with the most historic sites per capita in Europe, and the #1 outside of Italy!
For those looking for outdoor adventure, take a walk up Arthur's Seat, one of four hill forts that date back to over 2,000 years ago. The walk to the top will allow you to embrace some of Scotland's most beautiful landscapes and wildlife, and you'll be rewarded with a dramatic view of Edinburgh at the top.
On rainy days, visit the National Museum of Scotland, where each floor provides information on several fascinating eras of Scotland's history. A trip down the Royal Mile will satisfy all your tartan and souvenir needs, while the world-famous Underground Ghost Tour will give you an entirely different view of this seemingly peaceful, quaint city.
If your trip falls during the holiday season, the Edinburgh Christmas Market is guaranteed to give you the festive feeling, while world-renowned Hogmanay celebrations will ensure that you ring in the New Year with a bang.
Edinburgh is easily accessible via train, plane, and bus. Edinburgh Airport provides global access to the city, while rail services connect the city to many other major towns and cities across the UK. In addition, numerous bus companies travel to and from Edinburgh, meaning that no matter your preferred mode of transport, the city is always within reach.
What train companies travel to Edinburgh, United Kingdom?
Located in United Kingdom, Edinburgh is accessible by train from 95 other cities. You can choose from 1482 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Edinburgh on Wanderu. Edinburgh Trams usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to Edinburgh are also available..
Train companies serving Edinburgh
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|London North Eastern Railway||20||4h 29m||£73.80|
|TransPennine Express||12||3h 2m||£64.30|
|Great Western Railway||8||8h 50m||£219.68|
|Avanti West Coast||7||3h 45m||£63.54|
|Northern Rail||4||3h 50m||£61.54|
|Caledonian Sleeper||2||5h 54m||£67.99|
|Edinburgh Trams||2||0h 46m||£5.92|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Edinburgh?
Where is the train station in Edinburgh, United Kingdom?
The busiest train station in Edinburgh is Jubilee Rd. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Edinburgh are:
- Jubilee Rd
- Edinburgh Waverley Station
- Bus Station
What is the closest airport to Edinburgh, EDH?
Is Edinburgh a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Edinburgh?
How much do train tickets to Edinburgh cost?
What type of traveler does Edinburgh attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Edinburgh?
Top train routes to and from Edinburgh
- train from Edinburgh to Peterborough
- train from Edinburgh to Dundee
- train from Aberdeen to Edinburgh
- train from Birmingham to Edinburgh
- train from Edinburgh to Inverness
- train from Edinburgh to Dunfermline
- train from Edinburgh to Aberdeen
- train from Manchester to Edinburgh
- train from Dunfermline to Edinburgh
- train from Aberdour to Edinburgh
- train from Dundee to Edinburgh
- train from Edinburgh to Carlisle
- train from Edinburgh to Liverpool
- train from Coatbridge to Edinburgh
- train from Edinburgh to Bristol
- train from Glasgow to Edinburgh
- train from Kinghorn to Edinburgh
- train from Edinburgh to Inverkeithing
- train from North Queensferry to Edinburgh
- train from Kingussie to Edinburgh
- train from Edinburgh to London
- train from Edinburgh to Musselburgh
- train from Inverkeithing to Edinburgh
- train from Prestonpans to Edinburgh
- train from Edinburgh to Birmingham
- train from Edinburgh to Newcastle upon Tyne
- train from Burntisland to Edinburgh
- train from Edinburgh to Manchester
- train from Musselburgh to Edinburgh
- train from Edinburgh to Livingston
- train from Edinburgh to Glasgow
- train from Edinburgh to Kirkcaldy
- train from Edinburgh to Sheffield
- train from Edinburgh to Alnwick
- train from Inverness to Edinburgh
- train from Stirling to Edinburgh
- train from Northallerton to Edinburgh
- train from London to Edinburgh
- train from Newcastle upon Tyne to Edinburgh
- train from Edinburgh to Kingussie
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.