Search train tickets to Nuremberg
How to get to Nuremberg by train
|Trips per day||2,451|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Quick & Easy Booking
Book trips quickly with a simple, hassle-free checkout – online & on our app.
Fast Customer Support
We don’t monkey around. We respond within minutes to help you out.
Although often overshadowed by Bavaria's largest city, Munich, Nuremberg is more than capable of challenging Munich as a top tourist spot. Nuremberg entices travelers with its rich history, political significance, world-class museums, and exciting local culture.
Nuremberg is a fantastic destination year-round; however, it becomes particularly spectacular in the weeks before Christmas. Nuremberg's Christkindlemarkt is a world-famous market illuminated by thousands of lights displaying handmade ornaments, toys, and crafts. Enjoy lebkuchen and mulled wine while wandering through the stalls to get in the Christmas spirit, and see why Nuremberg is an essential stop along our train itinerary to visit Germany's best Christmas markets.
Nuremberg's castle, Kaiserburg, is another must-see while in the city. Standing since the Middle Ages, visitors can explore Nuremberg's history while also enjoying some of the best views of the city. No wonder it's one of Germany's most-Instagrammed castles.
Transport around Germany is highly efficient, making travel to Nuremberg simple. The city is served by its own international airport and a large train station that welcomes many Deutsche Bahn trains every day. FlixBus, Sindbad, BlaBlaCar Bus, and more bus services also run frequently to Nuremberg from various destinations across Europe.
What train companies travel to Nuremberg, Germany?
Located in Germany, Nuremberg is accessible by train from 149 other cities. You can choose from 2451 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Nuremberg on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Nuremberg are also available..
Train companies serving Nuremberg
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||514||3h 43m||€59.66|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||424||5h 37m||€82.21|
|DB Intercity-Express||221||3h 8m||€63.34|
|Non-federally owned railway company||39||7h 37m||€86.30|
|DB Intercity||15||4h 46m||€51.13|
|National Express||4||5h 10m||€97.57|
|DB Eurocity||2||4h 3m||€108.47|
The most popular Deutsche Bahn ICE routes travel to Berlin, Cologne, Paris, and Munich. Seating is spacious with a good amount of legroom, and onboard amenities include complimentary WiFi, restrooms, and a restaurant car selling beverages, snacks, sandwiches, and hot meals. Unlike the rest of the Deutsche Bahn network, ticket prices on Deutsche Bahn ICE services are not based on a per-kilometer rate but on specific station-to-station links.
Part of the FlixBus family, FlixTrain launched in 2018 to offer affordable and sustainable train travel in Germany. Its trains provide Wi-Fi, power outlets, air conditioning, onboard restrooms, and access to an entertainment portal full of movies, games, and music. In addition, each passenger gets a guaranteed seat, so you don't have to worry about standing in any aisles.
Deutsche Bahn IC is the German railway's long-distance train service provider with service across Germany and neighboring countries, including the Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland, and Poland. Onboard amenities include restrooms, power outlets, and a restaurant car where passengers can purchase drinks, snacks, and meals.
alex is a train company in Germany, with the most popular routes being to cities like Munich and Prague. These services also extend to Landshut, Regensburg, Schwandorf, and Prague. alex trains are equipped with standard and first-class seating, air conditioning, power outlets, bicycle storage areas, and onboard refreshments. Most of their trains are accessible to passengers with mobility issues as well.
VIAS is a privately owned and operated German train company. It runs passenger rail services in the states of Rhineland-Palatinate, Hesse, and North Rhine-Westphalia (which cover parts of western and central Germany). To keep costs low, VIAS amenities are limited to onboard restrooms.
Frequently Asked Questions
The busiest train station in Nuremberg is Nürnberg Train Station. As Nuremberg's main station, it has the most trains coming and going. However, a popular alternative is Central Bus Station.
|Departure||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|The Hague||8h 43m||€135.33|
Top train routes to and from Nuremberg
- train from Eichstätt to Nuremberg
- train from Hamburg to Nuremberg
- train from Salzburg to Nuremberg
- train from Berlin to Nuremberg
- train from Paris to Nuremberg
- train from Nuremberg to Leipzig
- train from Nuremberg to Munich
- train from Freihung to Nuremberg
- train from Gallmersgarten to Nuremberg
- train from Bamberg to Nuremberg
- train from Erlangen to Nuremberg
- train from Nuremberg to Düsseldorf
- train from Nuremberg to Kelheim
- train from Nuremberg to Budapest
- train from Nuremberg to Bielefeld
- train from Nuremberg to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Cologne to Nuremberg
- train from Nuremberg to Hamburg
- train from Forchheim to Nuremberg
- train from Nuremberg to Cologne
- train from Prague to Nuremberg
- train from Munich to Nuremberg
- train from Nuremberg to Koblenz
- train from Münster to Nuremberg
- train from Nuremberg to Amsterdam
- train from Essen to Nuremberg
- train from Nuremberg to Paris
- train from Nuremberg to Stuttgart
- train from Zapfendorf to Nuremberg
- train from Nuremberg to Rotterdam
- train from Nuremberg to Münster
- train from Nuremberg to Prague
- train from Nuremberg to Vienna
- train from Nuremberg to Rothenburg upon Tauber
- train from Bochum to Nuremberg
- train from Nuremberg to Warsaw
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Nuremberg
- train from Düsseldorf to Nuremberg
- train from Amsterdam to Nuremberg
- train from Nuremberg to Berlin
Popular train routes in Europe
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.
Book coaches and trains on the go with the Wanderu app.
Download our app and snag the best travel deals across North America & Europe.Learn more