Search train tickets to New York City
How to get to New York City by train
|Trips per day||2,494|
What is a good price for a train ticket to New York?
PLN 36.63 is the cheapest price for a train ticket to New York, according to recent searches on Wanderu. You can use our search to check if this price is currently available on buses from your city to New York. In the last month, trains from New Rochelle to New York had the lowest average price at PLN 50.19. In general, these cities tend to have the cheapest trains to New York:
Where is the train station in New York, NY?
Where should you stay in New York?
If you’re visiting New York and hoping to find budget-friendly accommodations, you’re best off avoiding most of Manhattan — at least from Central Park on south. Consider staying further afield in Queens, Harlem or across the Hudson in Hoboken, New Jersey. All are still accessible to downtown attractions, but will cost you far less than a hotel in Midtown.
If you are willing to spend a bit more and want to be near a lot of bar and food options, the East Village and the Lower East Side are two terrific parts of town to consider. Brooklyn is also a somewhat more budget-friendly location with a full life of its own, meaning you won’t even need to venture into Manhattan.
The most expensive accommodations you’ll find are in Midtown and nearby areas like Hell’s Kitchen and the Upper East Side. While they will cost you far more, you’ll be in walking distance of Times Square, Fifth Avenue and Central Park, which is a big perk.
In general, the great thing about visiting New York is that there are always things going on closeby, no matter where you’re staying. After all, it’s the city that never sleeps.
How do you get around New York City?
Many people get around New York City by walking. Not many own a car in the city, so the most cheap and convenient forms of transportation besides walking are taking the MTA subway or a bus.
The closest subway station to New York Penn Station is 34th Street-Penn Station, which services the 1, 2, and 3 subway lines, making it convenient for train travelers to step off of Amtrak and jump right on the subway.
If you want to use public transportation while in New York, you will need to purchase a metro ticket from one of the self-serve kiosks in most New York subway stations. The cost of a single-ride subway ticket is $3.00, or $2.75 if paid with a MetroCard.
What are some fun things to do in New York?
A popular destination for television fans is Central Perk, modeled after the coffee shop in the hit TV show “Friends.”
For travelers looking for a more moving and introspective experience, consider The 9/11 Memorial. There you’ll find all the names of the people who lost their lives on September 11, 2001, and can see where the Twin Towers used to stand.
For fans of art, walk the elevated High Line walkway down to the gorgeous Whitney Museum of American Art.
What are some good restaurants in New York City?
A great local restaurant in New York is Brindle Room. They serve American comfort food in sizeable portions, while also being reasonably priced.
Another good option is Park Avenue Tavern, located right down the street from Grand Central Station. It’s an upscale bar on the edge of Murray Hill, and includes a self-service tap system alongside American food favorites.
Arriving into or departing from Penn Station? Grab a cheap bagel and schmear at Liberty Bagels, just a block north on 35th Street.
What is the best time to visit New York City by train?
Train routes to New York are known for their beautiful fall foliage, whether you’re taking the Adirondack down from Montreal or the Acela Express (or Northeast Regional) down from Boston. While the trip to New York is scenic in any season, autumn is special in that regard.
Amtrak has 1,034 routes to New York, coming from 614 destinations, which means there are tons of options to choose from when deciding which train to take. Amtrak Acela alone has 127 daily routes to New York City coming from 13 destinations.
Which cities have the most trains to NYC?
What train companies travel to New York, New York?
Located in New York, New York is accessible by train from 557 other cities. You can choose from 2494 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to New York on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to New York are also available..
Train companies serving New York
Top train routes to and from New York
- train from New York to Harrisburg
- train from New York to Poughkeepsie
- train from New York to Richmond
- train from Providence to New York
- train from New York to Pittsburgh
- train from New York to Portland
- train from Dallas to New York
- train from Cleveland to New York
- train from Poughkeepsie to New York
- train from Syracuse to New York
- train from Boston to New York
- train from Los Angeles to New York
- train from New York to Schenectady
- train from Hartford to New York
- train from New York to Chicago
- train from New York to New Haven
- train from New York to Hartford
- train from New London to New York
- train from New York to Charlotte
- train from New York to Wilmington
- train from Raleigh to New York
- train from New York to Springfield
- train from Philadelphia to New York
- train from Baltimore to New York
- train from Chicago to New York
- train from New York to Virginia Beach
- train from Pittsburgh to New York
- train from Wilmington to New York
- train from New York to Philadelphia
- train from Seattle to New York
- train from New York to Denver
- train from Washington to New York
- train from Fredericksburg to New York
- train from Rochester to New York
- train from New York to Syracuse
- train from New York to Washington
- train from New York to Norfolk
- train from Springfield to New York
- train from Richmond to New York
- train from New York to Baltimore
- train from Denver to New York
- train from New York to Lancaster
- train from Tampa to New York
- train from New York to Dallas
- train from New York to Houston
- train from New York to Boston
- train from New York to Los Angeles
- train from New Haven to New York
- train from Harrisburg to New York
- train from New York to New London
- train from Lancaster to New York
- train from Utica to New York
- train from New York to Providence
- train from Houston to New York
- train from New York to Portland
- train from New York to Rochester